You know why, Ro

1. Hilary

/  August 30, 2011

It’s Tuesday again and I am thinking of you as sit at my desk working. I smile when I see the gorgeous photos of Ronan and you, and it reminds that we have such capacity to love – and with a singleness of heart and soul. That kinda love never fails or diminishes even after such a devastating loss as yours. The trouble is that while love sustains, hearts don’t mend but you will never ever lose the love you and Ronan have. He is with you in every breath you take, every blink of your eye, every giggle, every tear, every moment of kindness and stillness and rage. He is beside you because you love him and he loves you. Anyway, I hope your day is more smiles than tears. Hugs from us in the UK xx

2. Farrah

/  August 30, 2011

Hi Maya,
    Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you all. The past several days, you all have been everywhere. I’ve heard several songs on the radio that bring you all to mind. I live in Tennessee, so we’re always a bit behind on trends and such, but they’ve finally started playing Foster The People on the radio here, and everytime I hear one of their songs I think of you all. And when I hear any Coldplay, particularly Fix You. That one always made me cry for my own reasons, and now I cry for you too. Lastly, I was trying to get motivated to do some work around the house and then Zombieland came on. I had not watched it before, but I knew you and Ronan loved it, so I procrastinated a little longer and watched it. Loved it! That is some funny shit. And a little sad when it came to the line you mentioned about if you take a man’s child you’ve truly left him nothing to lose. In the middle of that crazy movie, I shed a tear for you and yours. I’m sending lots of love and prayers your way.

3. Barb Rogalla

/  August 30, 2011

Maya, I sent you an e-mail regarding this and now, after reading this latest post about carrying Ronan around with you, I decided to leave this one last time in a comment. There is a website for a company that takes a small portion of ashes and turns it into a diamond ring. I don’t know why but I just think this is so “you.” I picture you selecting a blue one to go with Ronan’s beautiful blue eyes. Anyway, the website is dnadiamonds.net. Maybe I’m wrong and this isn’t for you but I just thought I’d tell you about it one more time.

4. Lisa

/  August 30, 2011

I love this song!! And I think of your Ro baby when I listen to The Carpenter’s – They Long to Be (Close to You). Thank you for sharing all your music selections!!
    Take care today sweet Maya. <3

5. Jaime Harris

/  August 30, 2011

The song by Miley Cyrus called “When I look at you” came on today, it made me think of you and Ro and the love you shared. Here are some of the lyrics:

“You, appear just like a dream to me.
    Just like kaleidoscope colors,
    That cover me,
    All I need,
    Every breath that I breathe,
    Don’t you know you’re beautiful!”

xoxo, listen to it, it’s a lovely song! :) hugs…

6. Kasey

/  August 30, 2011

There are also necklaces that are like little urns… Any design, even dolphins!

I love this babe. #teambemis #getafterit #Repost @briebemis September 1st kicked off Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. I'm wearing my @firedaughterclothing tee to show support and raise awareness. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each shirt goes to the Ronan Thompson Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for neuroblastoma.
And a quick little back story: I met Ronan's mom (@mamamaya) unexpectedly almost four years ago when my sister and I were going into her friend's boutique to purchase a few "F U Cancer" bracelets. I'd been reading her blog for months and my dad had just been diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer so we wanted to get the bracelets in memory of Ronan and to show support for my dad. Maya had just happened to be there and she'd overheard us asking for the bracelets and came over to introduce herself. We told her that we were so sorry for her loss and shared with her that we just found out that our dad had been diagnosed with cancer. Tears welled up in her eyes and she asked if there was anything she could do and told us that she'd be here for us. She checked in on us numerous times throughout my dad's fight and reached out to us after his passing. I will forever be grateful for Maya's support during that time.
To show your support and help raise awareness, upload a photo of yourself decked out in gold! Be sure to use the hashtag #BeBoldGoGold. You can also donate to help find a cure at www.theronanthompsonfoundation.com. #gogold #fucancer #childhoodcancerawarenessmonth #rockstarronan It's the only way to live. #ronan #fucancer #childhoodcancer #gogold #beboldgogold #justcallmetheoncogodmother @rachelgoldman7 @rainesfordalexandra 😂😂😂 #mayasmafia Yo! If you wanna see our whole video...especially the part where I trip and almost fell of the mountain, you're gonna have to send us yours!!! You can email them to us at gogoldbebold2015@gmail.com. Or tag us on here @ronanfoundation. Hurry up, my pretties!! #ronan #fucancer #beboldgogold #gogold #dancingforlife #childhoodcancer @taylorswift