The Ronan Thompson Foundation

1. colleen

/  April 2, 2012

I got this information the other day… I didnt even know they had a Childhood Cancer Action Day!!!

CureSearch for Children’s Cancer, a member of the Alliance for Childhood Cancer, is pleased to announce that registration is now open for this year’s Childhood Cancer Action Day in Washington, DC, June 4-5, 2012.

We hope you will join us for a day of issues and advocacy training and followed by a day of pre-arranged Capitol Hill visits with Congressional representatives and their staff so that members of the childhood cancer community – parents, children, and others – have the opportunity to visit Capitol Hill and advocate for important childhood cancer issues currently before Congress.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 (lunch will be provided for all attendees)
    12:00 PM About Capitol Hill – An Orientation for First-Time Attendees
    1:00 PM Issues Training:

Creating Hope Act
    Drug Shortages
    Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act and Pediatric Research Equity Act
    Survivorship Bill
    Congressional Childhood Cancer Caucus (House)

3:00 PM Advocate Training: How to Conduct Visits with Congressional Offices
    6:00 PM Reception
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012
    7:30 AM Breakfast
    9:00 AM Depart for Capitol Hill
    10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Visits with Congressional Offices

When you register, you will be signed up to attend the training, scheduled for Hill visits, and have a room reserved at the Hamilton Crown Plaza in Washington, DC, for the night of June 4 at a room rate of $259 per night. If you do not need a hotel room, there is an option to note that during registration. Please note that transportation to/from Washington DC is the responsibility of those attending.

Registrations will be accepted on a first come first served basis so sign up today to reserve your spot. Visit http://www.allianceforchildhoodcancer.org/events.

On behalf of CureSearch for Children’s Cancer and the Alliance for Childhood Cancer, I look forward to seeing you in Washington, DC in June.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Erica Neufeld
    Vice President, Communications and Advocacy
    (240) 235-2201
    Erica.Neufeld@CureSearch.org

Founded in 2001, the Alliance for Childhood Cancer is a forum of national patient advocacy groups, and medical and scientific organizations. These organizations meet regularly in Washington DC to share ideas and concerns and work collaboratively to advance policies leading to improved research, public education, and diagnosis, treatment, supportive care and survivorship for children and adolescents with cancer.

Members of the Alliance for Childhood Cancer include:

Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
    Sarcoma Foundation of America
    Society of Pediatric Psychology
    St. Baldrick’s Foundation

2. carol

/  June 27, 2012

The Creating Hope Act has passed the senate. Passed in the House of Representatives last week. This is a historic moment for the children’s cancer community as this legislation directly impacts the development of new drugs for children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Last step is for President Obama to sign it. Keep pushing people. This is where the money needs to be spent.

3. SLP

/  September 13, 2012

God bless this baby boy and may he rest in peice. 

4. morgan Holley

/  September 18, 2012

oh my gosh, what an adventure u guys went through. I am so so sorry about ur little angel. when I heard the song I loved it but had know idea it was a true story. Ronan was a beautiful baby boy who was very lucky to have u for 4 years. i wish u the best and he will always be in ur heart..

from, Morgan Holley. age 14 Sacramento, CA
    9-18-12

5. jennifer

/  September 26, 2012

Am sure the baby boy was an angel he didnt desevre this i wish u the best that poor baby will always be in ur heart and ours poor little angel is up there looking down at you giving bless to you desever the best of life god bless you

6. Carolyn

/  September 26, 2012

I am only 13 and this blog has inspired me to lov my life and stop worrying about how popular I am or how I look because I have other things to be appreciative for. This story is a story that needs to be able to Emd with a happy ending. I am inspired to do whatever I can

7. JOSSIE

/  September 29, 2012

I LOVE YOUR SONG TAYLOR MADE YOU I LISTEN TO IT ON MY PHONE…YOU WERE A BUETIFUL BABY BOY…I HEARD YOU LIVED IN LONGVIEW/KELSO BYE A COUPLE PEOPL DONT KNOW IF ITS TRU EBUT IF SO I WISH I COULD HAVE SAW AND MET YOU….

8. JOSSIE

/  September 29, 2012

I LOVE UR SONG TATLOR MADE YOU I LISTEN TO IT ON MY PHONE….U WERE A BEUTIFUL BABY BOY…I HEARD A RUMOR THAT YOU LIVED IN LONGVIEW/KELSO I DONT KNOW IF ITS TRUE BUT IF IT WAS I WISH I COULD HAVE MET YOU OR SAW YOU….

9. Sarah

/  September 29, 2012

i remember watching the Stand Up To Cancer show one day & i heard Taylor sing this song & i fell in love with it, thinking Taylor lost a little brother or something.. When i looked up the meaning to the song i never thought it would be about a little boy who fought cancer.. i read this entire blog while listening to Ronan & cried. <3

10. Carrie

/  October 3, 2012

Hey ronan and everyone who nos him i cant amagine when i heard that song i was crying so hard and for some reason i love it but i was crying and that means something i did alot of research on him and he is NOT just a kid he was a living miracle for me ronan look so sweet so i cant amagan how sweet his mom and dad are :) love you ronan

11. Madison Miller

/  October 3, 2012

I’m not sure if you’re going to see this, or even care much, but I felt like I had to write to you. Yours and Ronan’s story inspired me and I could relate on a higher level. My little brother got Myelomas. After he passed my parents fell apart. I know what it’s like to loose one you love, I can’t imagine what it would be like to loose a child. I’m an expecting mother and don’t even want to imagine what it would be like. I wish you the best and I know Ronan is being a little rockstar looking over everyone, being an angel.

12. marissa

/  October 11, 2012

I feel so sorry

13. Caitlyn

/  October 23, 2012

u have the saddest story i have ever heard wish u the bet RIP Ronan Thompson

14. mindy harris

/  October 25, 2012

Katie Couric show was PERFECT today. Absolutely perfect…

15. Jennifer

/  October 25, 2012

RIP, Ronan. I saw your story today on the Katie show and it was so touching and sad. This shouldn’t happen in life, its not fare. Since it has happened and no one can change it, may you rest in peace and look down on your family from heaven. The parents of Ronan were so strong and brave to go on televsion and tell their story for others going through this. God Bless you all forever.

16. Bethy

/  October 28, 2012

Ronan-
    R- Rockstar still rocking on
    O- always On our minds
    N- Never ever forgotten
    A- Army guy
    Rest in peace lil man<3 i love you rock on with the lord watch over your mommy<3 we all miss you your story has touched the hearts of many<3333 i love you baby boy. Maya your doing amazing angel<33333

17. gretchen and gracie

/  October 31, 2012

rest in peace RONAN.<3 <3 <3 wish the best to you and family!

18. Gisel💜

/  November 7, 2012

This website is beautiful. Ronan’s story really inspired me to live life and to also enjoy it. Whenever I am having a bad day I listen to ‘Ronan’ by Taylor Swift and it reminds me that life is hard but I have to do what ever it takes to make the best out of it.

19. natalie

/  November 10, 2012

i am truley amazed at this. you had and still have an incredible boy, rest in peace ronan. we love you so very much. roran is truley inspiring. those 4 years were the best for him i bet, becuase he had a truley amazing family that loved and cared for him.

20. Sydney

/  November 12, 2012

I’m 14 and my mom told me about this and taylor’s song. I got the song and was listening to it on repeat when I first visited this site. I had to turn it off and stop reading because I had started to cry. No family should have to go through something like this! Ever since then I have been coming on to this site everyday to see if there is a new post. It reminds me that no matter how bad my life can get, it could always be worse….

21. Amie

/  November 21, 2012

Im 15, and my friend told me about the song ‘Ronan’ and soon as i heard it i cried, when i found out this site, and the blogs i couldn’t stop reading, you and your family are so brave. Ronan was Beautiful, Cancer is a whore who took a young boys life. You have inspired me so much! thank you. R.I.P Ronan. stay strong x

22. cecilia prado

/  November 22, 2012

i love you ronan i wish you were still here

23. Kaitlin McIntosh

/  December 2, 2012

Hello I’m only 11 years old but this website inspired me to love life and live it to the fullest and it doesn’t bother me if I’m not a popular girl it just matters that I am healthy and that my family is too. Also God Bless your family, you all went though so much and I respect you . Rest In Peace Ronan

24. felica

/  December 5, 2012

Today was the first time I heard about Ronan, and it was because I listened to the song Taylor Swift sang in dedication to him. I broke down in tears. It’s so sad that he had to go like he did. But, he’s not gone. He will always be watching down on his family. His story is touching and I think everyone should know about it to help other kids that are going through what he did.
    Stay strong Thompson family, that babyboy will always be with you <3

25. i prat for you guys every night

26. Victoria

/  February 2, 2013

You shall be blessed

27. My darling friend Meghan Martinez at Lil Basket Case taught me about Ronan. I can’t get him or his family out of my mind or out of my heart – and that’s a good thing. I’m in folks. I will help as I can. But for now lots of love and prayers to the Thompsons from the Duggan Sisters in Chicago.

28. vivika marin

/  July 8, 2013

what a adorible boy everybody loves him so much pray for him

29. Lottie

/  September 13, 2013

Hello, I have heard the song ronan lots and I still find it immotional. I think he is so cute! I am so sorry for your loss and for everyones who has been through a situation like that> Best wishes!

30. Taylor

/  September 28, 2013

I love Ronan to the moon and back

1. September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month….. « lifewithpenispeople

Miss you already, lover. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #rideordie #mommynumbertwo @macymwood Dedicated to my @macymwood. Ride or die for life. #ronan #fucancer #iwillloveyoutilltheendoftime #lanadelrey #iwouldmakeoutwithlana Hipsters. #ronan #fucancer #middleagedhipsters #youngforever #forgotourflowerheadbands #lanadelrae Been trying hard not to get into trouble... #ronan #fucancer #lanadelrae #mymusicalsoulmate @macymwood This is my happy place. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #hidingfromtheworld #sundaysnuggles @macymwood @knjoy Sundays are for sleep. @macymwood @knjoy #poppy #ronan #fucancer #sleepingbeauty #wornoutfromsomuchdancing Just making out with my favorite homegirl. #poppy #ronan #youdownwithopp? #yeahyouknowme #homegirllove #fucancer Poppy's other mom is in da house! #poppy #ronan #fucancer #mytwomoms #thesebitchesarecrazy @macymwood A bunch of little ballers and a P-Ro, too. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #basketballislife #arcadiatitans This has secretly been being worked on for quite some time. As you can imagine, it was a very emotional thing. We as board members/friends at RTF decided it was time for the little seal logo to go. We needed something that really spoke to who Ronan was/is. This is what our amazing friends at Fervor Creative came up with after many meetings with us and many do overs. (pro bono might I add because they have such beautiful hearts) I think they nailed it this time as it shows the beauty, strength and bravery that Ronan had, in such a simple way. How no matter what, you always keep walking up that hill and fighting, and even in death, you wont stop fighting for a world that so badly needs to be fixed which is the world of childhood cancer. Looking at this makes me proud, it makes me cry, it makes me strong. After everything Ronan went through, he always held his little chin up with such dignity and pride. At 3 years old, he was such a little man who never felt sorry for himself or let what he was going through get him down. He was my greatest teacher in life and will continue to be as I carry him with me in everything I do. I love you, Ronan. I will never stop fighting for you and this fucked up world of childhood cancer that everybody just seems to ignore. We will change this, because of you. I hope you all like our new Ronan Thompson Foundation design. @ronanfoundation #ronan My favorite place to be on a Friday night. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #fridaynightsnuggles #mybabe It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. #ronan #myneighboriscrazierthanyours #thisgoesoneveryday #neighborhoodproblems #movingtoiceland