I’ll be in San Diego this weekend! Who’s coming to RUN with me?!?!

tumblr_mnwf1lk4Ib1rq0nmco1_500

Use the code, “Ronan” for 5 dollars off registration fees. We have created a “Team Poppy for RTF” as well. The password is gold. Come join our team!

1. lauren h

/  October 23, 2013

Sent from my iPhone

2. Lauren

/  October 23, 2013

We will be there!!!!

3. It’s a little far for me but go give it your best for a great cause!

4. ED

/  October 23, 2013

Hey Maya! Just wanted to pass this along – This amazing group of college students has raised over $8000 for childhood cancer research, and they are shaving their heads bald tomorrow to raise awareness:

I’m so thankful for you and these incredible young people that are fighting so hard for these kids. FU CANCER!!

5. Stephanie

/  October 24, 2013

We will be there!

6. SF

/  October 24, 2013

Just saw that the White House is being lit pink for breast cancer month – why not gold for pediatric cancer? I call bullshit…shame on our government.

7. Christine

/  October 25, 2013

I’ll be there tomorrow to volunteer and help everyone make the event a success. Although I live in San Diego, I only found out about the event b/c of you. Thank you. I am honored to help and your spirit inspires me to make a difference.

This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere Join us in the Be Bold Go Gold Challenge! Snap a pic of yourself all decked out in your gold and nominate some brave souls to do the same! @beboldgogold  I was nominated to do the #beboldgogold💛 and I nominate @mamamaya @knjoy and @woodythompson75. #rtf #empiregogold #ronan I totally have the best 11 year old in the world. #ronan #fucancer #nutellaordie #notdramaticatall @knjoy