1. Miss L

Hi Maya,

Ronan is a miracle to all of us he has truly shown us how to live. :). Your are an amazing woman please, don’t forget this. You have changed thousands of lives out there. I know you will understand this so please forgive me if i offend. Their is a little boy Christian Buchanan who has a rare condition not sure if anyone is aware if this? Hisand fundraiser ends tomorrow on GiveForward. Maya I know you will understand me mentioning this, sorry if I offend. So if anyone would like to donate please do it will help with his medical cost. Sending love out there on the blogosphere. Xoxo.

2. Jenn

/  July 30, 2013

I really love you Maya…you are amazing.

3. laura

/  July 30, 2013

Maya, I’m so sorry your beautiful, sweet, amazing, giant of a spicy monkey man is not with you. And I personally want to say sorry to you and your family and to Ronan for the many times I have behaved in the selfish ways you describe. I’m a cancer survivor myself and should know better. Please forgive me. I’ll try harder every day to be a better person.

4. How can we support the foundation and get a Spirithood?? Please before they sell out I need 3 THANKS!! You inspire me everyday

5. jjmndm

/  July 30, 2013

Where can we get a Spirithood with the Spicy Monkey to support the Foundation? They sound really cool and I need 3, before they sell out. I checked their site and did not see them, do you have a link on yours? You inspire me everyday :o) That Poppy girl sure does look like Ronan.

6. Cole

/  July 30, 2013

Maya, don’t you worry, you and Ronan and your beautiful family have touched my life and made me appreciate the smallest things in the world like I have never appreciated before. You guys inspire me everyday. Your blog is the first thing I look at when I get to work (hehe) to remind me that life is extremely precious and needs to be handle with the utmost care and respect. I keep my fingers crossed that one day we will bump into each other on the nitty gritty subways of NYC. I’m thinking Poppy needs her very own metrocard and a touristy picture in Times Square ;) .

xoxo
    Cole

7. Lauren

/  July 30, 2013

Maya, you never fail to bring tears to my eyes, But with those tears comes a deeper appreciation for the breath that I am given everyday.I believe that you and Ronan will someday have the power to love the whole world.

8. jjmndm

/  July 30, 2013

BRET MICHAELS , how cool he seems to be a very caring person Looking forward to the details and DETAILS ON SPICY MONKEY SPIRITHOOD :O) How we can get one.

9. alex3morrow

/  July 30, 2013

Here you are writing for me once again….I have been quiet as hell has happened in my life. Alex’s best friend who he rode dirt bikes with named John was driving his motorcycle with his friend Joey on back. They went to pass a car and saw 4 motorcyles coming at them. They didn’t get back in, flew off the bike which slammed into the bikers. Joey died instantly and John in critical with so many injuries. 3rd friend to die in the Class of 2013 and John was charged for vehicular manslaughter and reckless driving. The funeral was HORRIBLE and the worse thing after is my daughter was the nurse for the lady on the bike and because of hippa… blah blah blah and all went through her hospital that she had to listen to all of the talk…I found this Poppy sign for you in California! :) later

________________________________

10. Becki

/  July 30, 2013

I love the Spicy Monkey Spirithood. It is so cool. I can’t wait to get one for my grandson.

I want to come to the Gold Party. I’m from Prairie Village, Kansas so I doubt I will make it but I can’t wait to hear all about it. Yea for Brett Michaels.

11. Elizabeth

/  July 30, 2013

Maya, this post took my breath away. And a few tears were shed! I’m sorry that the so-called friends are not supportive, I know that I have been more grateful for every day because of your blog. I have so much respect and admiration for you. You are changing this world and fuck those who don’t like it!

Poppy girl is precious! I love seeing her pictures on IG! They make my day! I can only imagine how you felt opening that package! It would be something that would mean the world to me! I hope that make enough for all of us!

By the way, there’s a picture of the SpiritHood on her Instagram page.

12. Amy

/  July 30, 2013

I think of Ronan every day, how could I not? Your blog has made me appreciate everything in my life so much more than I did. I think people forget too easily how precious the little things are. I am glad to hear your sons are becoming caring gentlemen, there aren’t enough in this world. Poppy is a lucky girl to have 3 lovely, strong, kind brothers to look up to.

Don’t feel sad that you are feeling less pain at the moment. Ronan brought you happiness and has given you Poppy so you can find some peace, I’m guessing he wants you to be with him through happiness instead of tears. He will never leave you, and you will never forget him or the little things that he does that make you love him so much.

PS your Instagram pictures are beautiful, thanks for sharing!

13. Sarah

/  July 30, 2013

This post had me in tears. Rolling tears. I can hear Ronan’s sweet, squeaky voice telling you you’re cute and that you’re his best friend/he loves you. Makes me think of the video you posted of him on the elevator while in the hospital. I don’t know how anyone who sees this boy’s pictures could do anything but fall in love. Your sweet love story reminds me of that with my own son. I guess thats why it makes me cry so much to watch the videos/see the love you shared. Thank you for reminding me to embrace every single moment I am blessed to have with him and my daughter.
    You are so so awesome, Maya ♡

14. Melissa Toney Vendt

/  July 30, 2013

Your grief is unending as is your love for your spicy monkey Ronan. This reprieve from tears–is only that–less tears. It doesn’t mean less love, less grief, less pain, less sadness. There is an infinite amount of these things in your heart and soul forever, right Mama?! I just think Ronan knows you best of all and HE knew reprieve from tears was in order..not only for you–but for Liam, Quinn, and Poppy. Ro knows best. Always. Love to you, Poppy, Liam, Quinn, Woody, and of course Ronan. Always love for Ronan.

15. Thank you for this post. I have the same relationship with my grief/pain since my sons died (almost 8 years ago and 3 1/2 years ago). It has become part of me but it changes. There are not as many tears for me either. I battle with time – it brings me further from the last time I held them but maybe it brings me closer to being with them again.

The Spicy Monkey Spirithoods sound fantastic. I will look for the link to donate them. Or is it best just to donate to the Ronan Foundation? Sending you hope and hugs.

FU CANCER!!!

16. When I write its like reliving those painful emotions… Makes me cry too… I can watch or read the same movies or books over and over… They make me cry everytime… Real life things… Just the way it is. But when you cry less just a different part of greiving is bearing its head… Mostly ugly head!

17. anna

/  August 1, 2013

Maya, it is posts like these that make me so thankful that I stumbled upon your blog a while ago (by googleing foster the people lyrics, I might add!). The world is a mysterious thing. I’ve come back to these words of yours a couple times now, and I just wanted you to know how inspiring you are, and how much you and Ronan are making this world a better place. Its a good day every time I see that there are new posts from you; best of luck in everything you are doing Maya. I can’t wait for your book, and I am so proud to be a RoLovie. :)

Love,
    Anna Evangeline

18. RoMama,
    Love the spicy monkey spirit hood. Want one! Can’t wait! Will donate to Ro’s foundation! Always rolove! XO
    Poppy is gorgeous!
    Quinn & Liam are both lil men. Taking care of their mama!
    Fucancer!!!

19. Darci

/  August 2, 2013

hey Maya i’ve been following your blog for a while now. i have a 2 year old son Russell and as a mother I totally agree that cancer is a total f#@K wad!!!! I honestly think you are one of the most amazing mom’s ever for doing all that you have for Ronan. I am admistrator at a child care center and last year we held a pop tab drive to raise money for children with cancer in honor of a little boy named Jaxson and this year I plan to do the same and hopefully more.

20. Greg B

/  August 2, 2013

Stay connected through the positive times with Ronan (like the I love you mommy’s in the elevator) and the love of your family. You were the best anybody could have been for him during the most terrible of times, we know that and Ronan knows that.