This book on the brain…

tumblr_m5unqmT9kp1rya2qqo1_500

Just wanted to check in. I’ve been writing, just not on this blog. I’ll update soon but between foundation things, Poppy things, the twins being home for summer, traveling, and working on this book, things have been a little crazy.

I miss you all. Missing my Ro most of all, always. I’m working hard to make my little man proud. Here are some new pics of Poppy. She is still the sweetest little thing and we are enjoying her so much. Hope you all are having a great summer! Love you much!

xx

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. Now, that is a little girl with some insanely wise, knowing little eyes. :) I love the one of the two of you. She is perfect and beautiful…good work, Thompsons, good work.

2. Love your new cut!
    Popstar is romazing just like Rockstar Ro.
    Can’t wait for your book!
    Rolove always xo
    Enjoy your trip and your summer with your fam
    #fucancer

3. Poppy is so adorable. We all loved her sweet smiles. Hope your travels are safe and filled with love. Best wished on the book writing. Summers are so busy. Hard to believe June is 1/2 over. We finally have safe travel and no place to go. Thanks so much for the sweet smiles.

4. Poppy is so sweet and adorable. We loved her smiles. Summers are so busy and crazy. I hope your travels are safe and filled with love. I wish you all the best in writing. I have been there and it’s sometimes like walking that nightmare of a trail all over again. Take your time so you have no regrets. I can’t believe June is 1/2 over. We finally have safe travel and no place to go – yet!

5. Ruby

/  June 17, 2013

Her eyes are turning the same bluish greenish aqua colour as Ronan’s! She’s so precious. You can just tell that she understands everything you’re speaking about and is giving her opinion with her facial expression! Absolutely adorable. She’s so lucky to have you as her mum, Maya. (Or Mom for you Americans.) Good work.

6. Misty Smith

/  June 17, 2013

Wow, Poppy is Ronan made over!!! The picture of her smiling in the white dress with the pink designs looks so much like him, it’s crazy! 💜

7. I wish you and your family all the luck in the world and the Poppy and the twins you much joy.
    Ronan is always in our heart.
    Jessi ♥

8. Miss L

Hello Bella Maya & Poppy,

What a beautiful baby, she just gets more beautiful every time I see pictures of her. I see a lot of you & Ronan in her Maya. God bless you all. XxoX love from Syd.

9. The pictures are adorable. Thank you for sharing them and for the update. Being super busy is one of the things that has always helped me get through the days since our sons, Jake and Sawyer, died.

Looking forward to reading your book. I know that you are making Ronan more than proud. Sending hope and hugs and a giant Fuck You Cancer!!

10. Jen Brianas

/  June 18, 2013

Perfection! I mailed a little family present to you at the foundation address. I hope you get it. Can’t wait until your book comes out…when are you doing the tour: :)

11. Lidia Giubilaro

/  June 18, 2013

Always thinking of you guys xx :) Can’t wait to read your book..thx for sharing all the precious pics xx

12. Summer

/  June 18, 2013

She looks so sweet and so happy!! That’s because she has the best mommy ever!! :). I can’t wait till your book comes out!! When is it being released?
    Love always!! Summer from Louisiana….xoxo

13. Hilary

/  June 18, 2013

Maya, I love to see your gorgeous girl smiling out of the screen at me – those eyes and those lips. Magical. Thank you for sharing her with us all. Of course that does not mean I think any less of Ronan (he’s in my thoughts everyday) and I can appreciate that in amongst the joy Poppy brings is that huge and unfillable hole left where Ronan should be. Cancer is the ultimate fucker. I love you and all that you do to make us all aware of childhood cancer. I just wish you didn’t have to. I hope your first summer with Poppy is filled with sweetness and warmth. x

14. Poppy is perfect! <3 you Thompson Family. You are all so amazing!

15. Casie

/  June 18, 2013

Beautiful Precious Poppy :)
    Love from WA !

16. Amy Hatch

/  June 18, 2013

Awe… she’s absolutely darling! :)
    I wanted to share something with you~ My kiddos and I were in Mexico a couple of weeks ago, and we were at a place called Papas and Beer, which is right on the beach in Rosarito. I started talking to this adorable lady who was sitting at the sandbar. She was so cute and funny, and everything about her was genuinely charming. I asked her what her name was, and she put out her hand and said, “Hi, I’m Poppy”. I couldn’t believe it! I was like, “Poppy? Like as in P o p p y? Is that your given name?” She said, “Yep, it sure is!”
    I was all smiles, and I told her about you, Ronan, and your new little Poppy girl. Meeting her made me think of you! :)

Love to you and your precious family <3 <3 <3
    Amy

17. Jennam

/  June 18, 2013

Ro’s soul is shining through Poppy:) I can see why you think/know that Ronan is a part of her.

18. Margo Fishel

/  June 18, 2013

Poppy Ronan Thompson is cuter than all et out. While nothing can ever replace Ronan she has expanded your heart. I know he is so very proud of you. thank you for you blog ad bringing such awareness about childhood cancer.

19. L

/  June 18, 2013

Am I allowed to fall in love with her? Geez she is just GORGEOUS! I just want to smooch her! And I just love your new hair “did”!! :)

20. Natalie Slone

/  June 18, 2013

Xoxoxoxoxoxo…that is all. ;)

21. Melissa

/  June 18, 2013

Such beautiful pictures of your perfect Poppy girl! A huge thank you from my son for the glow in the dark bracelet you gave me for him. He loves it and hopes he bumps into you sometime so he can meet you and say thanks! 💜 💜 💜

Melissa (the not so crazy stalker chick that met you at Sephora)

22. She is too cute! Have a great summer!

23. Kate Abbott

/  July 8, 2013

Crazy…i had only read your story yesterday, cried all morning…watched your video with
    ” Big Jet Plane” , flew into LAX this am and sat down and that song is playing…only second time I have heard it, ever. So thats Ro’s song now. I am waiting here, reading about Paxton too…i know you bring his mommy strength. Thank you, YOU make me a better mom.
    Another mom

Having a conversation with crazy from across the street. #poppy #ronan #poppydoesntdropthefbombsthough #fucancer @knjoy I think I found the person that's been eating all of our Nutella. #poppy #ronan #busted #weneedanewjar #nofoodjustnutella My favorite Poky Little Puppy. #poppy #ronan #bookobsessed #pokylittlepuppy #ilovehervoice Must be a book writing night. #ronan #fucancer #ronanbook #bestofficeever #handstandqueen Somebody get this kid an agent. #ronan #fucancer #omg #hes10 #basketball #littleballer #madskills Brother pick up time! #poppy#ronan #fucancer Working on my skin cancer. #ronan #fucancer #justkidding #coveredinsunscreen #camelbackmountain #hotasballsuphere #mommytimeout She had to stay up past her bedtime to wait for her sissy to get home. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #soulsisters @knjoy Watching that pretty Arizona sunset. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #poppyrooiloveyou Fuzzy besties. #poppy #ronan #poppyandmama #fucancer #love For the past two weeks all Poppy has been doing is carrying around Ronan's picture, kissing it, saying "Ro Ro" and trying to open the frame up because I think she thinks if she does, he will come out and play with her. It's heartbreaking and so very sweet. I'm amazed that one of her first words was Ro Ro and that she walks around saying it all day long as if he is her very best friend. #poppy #ronan #fucancer Sorry to wake you sister, but we have to get your brothers from school. #poppy #ronan #sleepysister #fucancer