This explains why I will never support the American Cancer Society. They do nothing for our kids except use them. Making money off of our kids for your huge salaries!?!? NOT COOL!

tumblr_milhchTAGl1r34ep1o1_500

1. Chloe

/  February 26, 2013

Does anyone have any statistics on the Canadian Cancer Society? I assume it’s not much different. Just wondering if they are worth supporting.

2. I found something online today which exposes the frauds that people donate to with Am Cancer Society, Goodwill and many others….http://www.charitynavigator.org/

3. Patricia Wanderer

/  February 26, 2013

Just checked these people OFF our list to ever give a penny to….they should all be ashamed!!!

Sam Novak’s Anna~~

4. Chelsea S

/  February 26, 2013

This makes me sick. That they are parading around cute, bald-headed children but doing NOTHING to actually champion for them, is disgusting. I shared this on Facebook and will shout it from the rooftops. It really makes you think twice about every charity you donate to.

5. Shay

/  February 27, 2013

I have been telling people how much ACS sucks. I think in most cases it’s sinking in when I tell them. Then I mention smaller organizations such as yours which have a very personal stake in all of this. Your goal is to help save these children, not to make money from their suffering. ACS has a local donation call center that I sometimes drive by, and it makes me sick to look at it.

6. Jane smith

/  February 28, 2013

You may already be aware but a sweet boy in upstate my is currently in treatment at CHOP for stage 4 Neuroblastoma. He had responded well to treatment though the trial they are a part of has stopped. While his family is from rural NY and is struggling hard to just get by so might not be able to raise alot of awareness I would think his and his families experience would be invaluable. Look for him on FB – Julian’s joust.

7. Melissa

/  March 12, 2013

Hi Maya,

I love reading your blog and your passion is one of your best \(and my favourite) qualities! I have no doubt that you and your passion will be the reason that childhood cancer WILL have a cure one day!

I’m not trying to play devil’s advocate because I definitely agree that the American Cancer Society has some explaining to do about the amounts they pay their CEO and employees BUT when you open your cancer facility and in your not-for-profit endeavors please listen to this Ted Talk on social enterprise and social entrepreneurship:

It doesn’t have all the answers, but I think there are many interesting and inspiring ideas here on how to make not-for-profit companies successful in what they aspire to achieve.

Can’t wait for your next update!!

-Melissa

Impressive hand writing for a one year old. #poppy #ronan #babyactivist #poppystrikesagain #empiregogold #changingtheworld #fucancer #Repost from @ronanfoundation If you've been tagged, you're it!!! It’s time to… ‪#‎BeBoldGoGold‬! Get your glitter on! We’re kicking off Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with a bang & a sparkle! Throughout September, we’re turning ourselves into spicy, gold human billboards for childhood cancer awareness and want YOU to join us! Welcome to the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge!
HOW IT WORKS:
You deck yourself out in your gold bling or glitter—jewelry, clothes, facepaint, you name it, you rock it. You head out into a public place. Talk to at least one person about childhood cancer—tell them a fact, like that 46 are diagnosed with cancer every day. The goal is to raise awareness, so talk to as many people as you can & encourage them to take the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge

Film/photograph your adventure, and tag us in it! We’re reposting submissions to our new #BeBoldGoGold Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. When you post your video/photo, nominate 3 people to carry out the challenge by tagging them. They have 48 hours after being tagged to get their gold on! Make sure to hashtag #BeBoldGoGold and ‪#‎RTF‬

At the end of September, we’re giving a prize to whoever goes all out and makes the biggest impact (aka raises the most awareness)! We’ll also have #BeBoldGoGold shirts available to purchase (link coming soon). If you would prefer to donate instead of (or in addition to) the challenge, visit: http://www.theronanthompsonfoundation.com/ & share the link.
The Challenge starts…NOW! #Repost from @firedaughterclothing
It's almost September! Childhood Cancer Awareness Month- this is my I think 4th year working with my absolutely amazing girlfriend @mamamaya to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer, which brutally stole her son Ronan.  I was introduced to Maya when my close girlfriend Sandra's daughter was also fighting for her life, alongside Ronan.  Mia beat her cancer but has severe radiation injury.  This horrible horrible thing brought us all together and we are determined to make a difference for all of our babies.  Keep an eye out over the next week or so.  It's time to Go Gold 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟