Thank you, Dr. Jo for this amazing blog post. My spicy monkey is so thankful for you.

tumblr_mhbgk9v42J1qmdlvho1_500

1. I absolutely love this article. I love the blatant honesty.

2. Katie

/  February 23, 2013

There is no God, I can truly say that.

Because everybody says that God put everything on Earth for a reason, and we just have to look for it.

But there isn’t a reason for cancer. There can’t be a reason for something that comes into kids and teenagers and even adults and takes their lives away. If there is a God, he’s fucked up for ruining the Earth.

If there is a God, he should give us a cure for cancer.

3. maureen

/  February 23, 2013

Dr. Joe is a psychologist, but she often writes how she doesn’t believe in mental illness, which makes me wonder why she went into this career? Probably because she is empathetic since her child died.

Feeling grief or depressed are 2 different emotions. I used to be very depressed because I was living with a physically abusive parent, but that disappeared when I left home at 17. But Maya your grief will never disappear because you can never see Ronan grow up. I heard an expression once, “When you lose your child you lose your future.” This sounds awful but I think it must be true. Worse than losing a spouse, parent, or friend.

4. Chelsea S

/  February 23, 2013

I absolutely adore Dr. Jo, and this blog post. Most especially because I work in the mental health field and see this all the time. So frustrating but so glad that there are people like her, and you and Ro, working to change things. You all inspire me everyday!

5. The world would be a better place if people were a bit more like Dr Jo xo

6. Thanks for sharing Dr. Jo’s post. FU Cancer!

Wise words Wednesday. #ronan #fucancer #wisewordswednesday #truth #fsu @brimelone Pearl is really regretting last nights decisions and the fact that she is grounded from the car. #pearl #ronan #fucancer #regretful #walkofshame #pearlishungover #pearlisgrounded #blacksheep #getyourshittogetherpearl Pearl called her attorney who got the charges dropped immediately. Thanks @woodythompson75. We'll get her home safe and sound. #pearl #ronan #pearlwillneedtosleepthisoff #thiswafflewillsoberherup #blacksheep #getyourshittogetherpearl #pearlisgrounded #fucancer