WE DID IT! Together! As a TEAM! I Am SO PROUD of ALL OF US!

Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 7.15.21 AM

Wow! This was the best thing to see happen! I am in awe, shock, and literally jumping up and down. It is amazing the things that can happen if we put ourselves aside and work as ONE! Thank you all for taking the time to sign, share this, and scream from the rooftops that this is important because these kids, matter!!!

I could not have done this without any of you. And my KICK ASS Board Members who have now earned the title, THE DREAM TEAM! I love you all. This was the best gift I could have ever received for my birthday, besides my Ronan back.

I love you all. Feel free to continue to pass this along. I still think the more signatures, the better. But I understand if you need a break. I know my fingers, mind, and sanity do!!!

I love you all, so much. I know Ronan is so proud. It’s pouring down rain here. I know those are his tears of JOY.

xoxo

1. darcy

/  January 26, 2013

Yay!! Love you Maya! Love you Ronan!!

2. Chelsea

/  January 26, 2013

Yay!!! I’ve been watching it obsessively all morning and am so relieved to see it happen :) proud of you, your dream team, and Ro :)

3. Amy

/  January 26, 2013

That’s AWESOME! I have been watching the website for days, just updating and refreshing the page, waiting for it to get to 25k. I’m so amazed by you and the love you have for Ro and all of these other kids that deserve so much more! Keep going mama maya! Your doing amazing things :)

4. A. Torres

/  January 26, 2013

So very thrilled for your family, for the light you bring & the light that will shine across the White House in honor of Ronan & all the brave children that have to fight a fight they never should have to. God bless you all.

5. Kim

/  January 26, 2013

I just want to say thank you for all you have done to shed light on childhood cancer. I’m a mother of a 5 year old and 8 year old and even though I haven’t been in your shies I have lost a cousin who passed on her 3rd birthday from a brain stem gilioma. You will make a difference in the lifes of many children. Thank you so much!

Kim

6. Diane

Your amazing Maya!!!

You and Ronan are defiantly going to change the world :)
    Xo

7. We did it! :) Now, its up to you Mr President!

8. Maria

/  January 26, 2013

Ronan and you are so amazing and inspiring!!! I am sooooooo happy, you deserve this and everything. You are changing the world Maya and making it a better place, love from Spain!!!!!

9. Sarah

/  January 26, 2013

Yayyyyy for a GOLD White House! Sooo super stoked! I knew you’d get to 25k and you still have plenty more days to ge even higher!I have been sharing and checking the count regularly! This is such a celebration. So grateful for the love that still exists on this world! Prayers have been answered :) Way to Go, Ronan, MamaMaya and all who have helped to reach this goal!

10. Jill Tino

/  January 26, 2013

Fabulous news! So glad to be a part of it.
    Much love to you and your family.

11. Melissa V

/  January 26, 2013

Thank you for letting little old me be part of something important. For helping me to see the difference that I *one signature* can make. Each voice is important, especially when combined. And that it is raining….wow. I love you Ronan Sean Thompson. I am so sorry you were one of the “ones” to change the face of this disease. Brave sweet spicy boy. You mattered so much, you are missed even more but your light will never stop shining, you are changing the world.

12. Colleen

/  January 26, 2013

I’m SO happy we made it!!! I’ve been checking every few hours to see where the total was!! I’ve been hounding my friends to sign!! That White House BETTER be gold this September!!!

13. Lidia Giubilaro

Yesssss!!!!!! Maya YOU are touching so many lives right now😀💜💜💜xoxoxo

14. ang col

FANTASTIC AWESOME

15. Kim F - St Louis

/  January 26, 2013

I guess birthday wishes do come true after all. I wanted was this petition to hit 25,000. I posted the link on FB every night. I prayed, I pleaded with friends, co-workers, family, etc. And the best part of all is that we hit 25,000 signatures on my birthday. This is the best birthday EVER for me. Time to celebrate. There are good things to come. I feel it. Thank you Ro, for guiding us. You are our north star. XX00.

RoMama

So excited!!!! Never had a doubt. This force that comes from you & Ronan has shined on all that support you & the foundation.

Maya’s mafia!!! We have your back! We will fight this ugly monster with you!

Fucancer!!!
    Always rolove!
    #poppyronantaylorthompson = popstar
    XO

17. Amy

/  January 26, 2013

Congratulations! Fantastic start to the day. So proud of you and Ronan. You’re the greatest team! xoxo

18. Katherine

/  January 26, 2013

OMG, i am crying right now because of the happiness, i can’t believe we did it (and i include myself cuz i signed it too, of course i did) i am so very happy for you Maya and for all of us who take a minute to sign this, i talk for me but i know that a lot of people that were part of this can feel that they did something really important with just a sign as i do.

THANK YOU ALL!
    RoLove is in the air! <3

19. Shamrock09

/  January 26, 2013

Ah gold army lets exhale now!!

Don’t actually know what we would have done of this didn’t get 25k think I would have totally lost faith in humanity!!

Yaaaay!!! Maya well done this was such a beautiful gift you have given to Ro an all other children and families who have had to live with childhood cancer.

take that cancer – ya baa$tard!!!!

20. I am so excited! I wish I could quit my job and do this full time. I will do whatever you ask to help fight for these kids. In my searches on the web I also found this one for the NFL. I don’t know if you have already mentioned this one but thought I would post it anyway. It is just another way to raise awareness through a sport that is so visible and that kids love. These last 2 weeks have been so meaningful to me to be working in my own small little way to spread the word about this petition through our local radio/TV stations and social media. I had a thought…could your dream team add tasks under the “how you can help” section? It could have tasks for all of your loyal followers to do from home. It could have form letter examples for us to bombard our congressmen/women asking them to use their power to take up this cause. It is just a thought…I just want to help you but I need direction. I am so proud to be part of your mafia!

21. Beth

So awesome!!!

22. Yay!!!! So glad we finally got there – love seeing everyone coming together to get this done :)

23. Tifani

/  January 26, 2013

Super super excited!!! I key sharing and not one Person that I know of even liked my links! I was super disappointed, but I’m so happy we made it!! How can the president say no to this? Can’t wait to see what he does!

24. I was very sure that this would happen, but have to admit that when I saw that the number of people signing slowing down that it concerned me. That other groups posted links to increase the number of people touched, and everyone rallying around this by spreading the word, it “caught fire” again and it was amazing to see the number of people signing going through the roof. I agree with continuing to spread the word… the more that get turned on to the cause through this and any other attention is more that hopefully do not just turn a blind eye and can exert pressure to change the awareness and funding to improve survival rates and find a cure.

Thank you for continuing to provide energy and passion to this Maya, you are a leader that will amass a large army to continue on this fight.

25. jaebkerpen

/  January 26, 2013

Interestingly enough, the director of the national Cancer Institute believes there has been fantastic progress in the research and treatment of Childhood Cancer – he seems to be reading the wrong statistics….

26. Lisa

/  January 26, 2013

So excited and have tears of joy right now! This is amazing!!!
    Maya you’re truly an inspiration to all of us moms who have a child with cancer!

27. Amy

/  January 26, 2013

That is amazing!!!! I saw we shoot for 30K next! Let’sget this mmessage out there!!! As a parent, myself, I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s like to hold your chil. s strong even when you feel the need to screamand watch them leave him to become an Angel. I WILL outlive my son!

We need to find cures for all types of cancer, but especially childhood ones! I spent times, many times in the ER with my son bc he has asthma and it broke my heart each him he had to get treatments to breathe but I know how badly that sucks for a new born child so guessing how badly it was to sit with Ronan.

Taylor Swift wrote a beautiful song even tho I cry each time. Did you know she wrote it and that it would be sung on Stand Up to Cancer? I saw in an interview she used things you wrote in your blog which I think was wonderful bc it made the song more “Ronan”, if that makes sense. Keep up the fight, stay strong for you and your new little one. I’m trying to go back and read the blog posts as they were written. I don’t know if you do this already but you should declare his birthday “Ronan Day”. Maybe buy him birthday presents then donate them to foster care children who have nothing. Ask your followers to do the same for children in there area as well.

Anyways, so happy we got 25k! Let’s continue the journey! I have an uncureable condition and it’s extremely painful so I do understand things from Ronan’s point of view. It SUCKS!!! Just saying!

• Sarah

/  January 26, 2013

From what I have read, Taylor wrote the done FOR Ronan :) She follows Maya’s blog, so the song is literally 100% him :-)

28. Joni

/  January 26, 2013

This is so encouraging to me! Ever since my son had Rhabdomyosarcoma I have yearned for this type of movement but struggled to know how to push it. Thank you Maya for your determined spirit and thank you precious Ronan for being the inspiration we all need. We WILL see GOLD in September!! Love you

29. Sara

/  January 26, 2013

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!WE DID IT!!!WE ARE INVINCIBLE CUZ WE ARE TEAM ROLOVE!!!!

30. So, so true, Maya!! The rain I heard all night gave me this feeling that Ronan was doing this – helping us all to keep fighting for him and for all the children and families affected by childhood cancer. So, so excited – let’s keep going – 25000 has been achieved, but we are going to keep going!!! Love you, Maya!!
    Xoxoxo
    Jen

31. Tammy

/  January 26, 2013

I am so happy for you all! This is great! You’re a great woman, mom, and inspiration Maya! I will continue to do my part in Ronan’s name! XOXOXOXO

32. Great news. And now it’s more than 500 signatures over 25,000. Keep telling everyone. We don’t need time off now. That can wait until February 6th.

33. Ann

/  January 26, 2013

Maya, congratulations! I’m going to start this off by saying that I’m going to sound like a crazy person. I’ve never met you or your family, I’m 28, I live in NC and the closest I’ve ever been to Arizona is Southern California. I have been following your story for the last year or so and I am so very sorry that cancer had to come and ruin everything. No one ever should have to go through what your family has gone through. Children especially shouldn’t have to deal with this shit. I don’t have children yet so no one seems to get why childhood cancer has struck such a chord in my heart. My husband and I plan to start a family one day and I want to help make the world a safer place for children. I guess that’s why I’m so passionate about this issue. I bugged all my friends to sign the petition and I think they obliged.

Anyway, here’s the crazy-pants part of my message to you:
    I had a dream last night. I was in a nondescript office waiting room. I walked by a beautiful little boy with the most gorgeous blue eyes anyone has ever seen. He grabbed my arm and looked up at me with the biggest smile and just said “I love you so much,” I knew at once that the little boy was Ronan. When I checked your blog and saw that you had reached your goal of the 25000 signatures, the dream made perfect sense.

I feel like a bit of a nut for dreaming about a little boy whom I have never met but who has touched my life in an indelible way. I also feel a lot guilty that I got to have such a happy dream about your boy. YOU deserve the happy dreams, not some reader from NC. I sincerely hope that I haven’t upset you by sharing this. I just want you to know that you, your hubby, the twins, Ronan and Poppy have touched my life in a big way.

Congrats on making this latest goal your bitch. I can’t wait to watch you make cancer your bitch too. If you ever need any help in NC let me know. Until then I will keep telling people about childhood cancer in my own small way.

Love,

Ann Gatlin

34. I just got an email from Stand Up To Cancer. I told them about this and they said they tweeted it and posted it on Facebook. So at least one group I let know did something. Hopefully a bunch more do too. :)

35. I can take a break when I’m to old to see the iPad :) I will keep sharing and Tagging its already at 25,663 :)

36. Dani Kalafat

/  January 26, 2013

Amazing job! I walk by the White House all the time and can’t wait to see it like this!!

37. Naïma

/  January 26, 2013

annnnd Ro love triumphs :)
    So glad !!!

38. jenna

/  January 26, 2013

Fanfuckingtasic! Rolove all over the world!

39. Lauriefromfrance

Yeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!
    I knew you CAN do it!!! We CAN !!! :)
    I AM soooo proud of you, of us !!
    You and ronan so much deserve it!
    So happy for you. I’d love to see that tears of
    Joy in your face…
    I hope so much president Obama will think with his heart.
    Enjoy this moment Maya with your beautiful family & friends
    Kiss
    Love u Ro’

–sorry for my english

40. I see over 6,300 likes on the Stand Up To Cancer Facebook page. I hope they all turn into signatures too.

41. Rachel

/  January 26, 2013

Im so excited to see all you are accomplishing Maya, you, Ro and your Dream Team keep rockin it because you truely are moving mountains.

42. lauriefromfrance

/  January 27, 2013

Ronan,
    I was watching video of you on youtube, and now I wondering how a person, a baby that I’ve never seen in my life can touch me so much? how can you make me cry when I heard you’re little voice? you touch me so much…. you’re so much beautiful…. You’re a really army guy, forever.

Maya, you’re the stronger person I’ve never seen in my life, for survive to this. I honor you, you’re the best mama in the world!

I love you two

43. Cole

/  January 28, 2013

Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In yoooooooooooo faaaaace Woody!! Lol!! So happy, so proud!! Can’t wait for September when the White House is as Gold as Flavor Flavs grilllllllllll! Lol!

44. RONAN I SIGNED IT FOR U LITTLE MAN!!! YOUR MOM IS SO AWESOME!!! WE LOVE YOU

45. spenton

/  January 29, 2013

I signed it for you Ronan and all the kids fighting this ugly disease… Your mom is AWESOME!!! I’m sure you know that!!! much love to your family

46. Meg

/  January 29, 2013

Yeah we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😂😸

Car wash babe. #poppy #ronan #poppyrooiloveyou #legsfordays #littlelady This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere Join us in the Be Bold Go Gold Challenge! Snap a pic of yourself all decked out in your gold and nominate some brave souls to do the same! @beboldgogold  I was nominated to do the #beboldgogold💛 and I nominate @mamamaya @knjoy and @woodythompson75. #rtf #empiregogold #ronan