A Gold White House!!! We are SO Close!!! Thank you ALL!

tumblr_m6lfzo4gkW1qij4f6o1_500

Ronan. I don’t ever watch things on YouTube about you because it is just too difficult for me. There are so many beautiful things on there and for that I am forever grateful, but I leave them for other people to enjoy. Today was different. Today, something came across my way that I could not ignore. I sat and watched it all, sobbing while doing so. I always cry due to missing you, Ronan, but today I also cried because I was so moved by this darling girl and the way she took it upon herself to a voice for you and all kids who are dealing with cancer.

Talk about inspiring. Talk about touching. Talk about watching the world change right before my very eyes and knowing it is all because of you. The youth of today will be different as well as so many others because of you. I don’t know how the White House can possibly say no to our petition. We are almost to 25k signatures and for that I am beyond thrilled! You all really didn’t think we would stop at 25k, did you?! No way. We are going to keep this thing going and get as many signatures as we can until February 6th. Let’s blow this out of the water and give the White House absolutely no reason, to say no. The more signatures the better.

Thank you, Chloe for your amazing YouTube video of Ronan. Thank you for understanding at such a young age, the right things to fight for. I know Ronan is so proud of you, as am I.

Thank you all for rocking this petition. I could not have done it without you. Thank you, Woodddawg, for doubting me. You know the best way to make me get things done is by saying telling me I can’t do it. I love you for that.

xoxo

Keep signing and sharing. YAY!! Almost there!!

1. Chelsea

/  January 25, 2013

Love it! You and Ro are moving mountains!

/  January 25, 2013

RoMama,

So excited!
    Where can I get a #mayasmafia tee?

Always rolove
    XO

3. Omg I’m over the moon with excitement!! Team Ronan we Got this in the bag. :)
    My Facebook is covered with All things Ronan <3
    You Give me strength and make me want to fight for forever…Ronan Thompson you Have my heart little man. And it will do good things forever, something I will instill in my boys and share with everyone I meet. You are true ROCKSTAR <3

4. This is amazing. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am inspired. You are going to do this Maya! Your mafia comes through again! Changing the world, changing the world. ROlove. xoxo

5. Valerie

/  January 25, 2013

Maya,

I immediately sat and watched Chloe’s video. Oprah needs to see this (I loved Fernanda’s email to her) !!!! She needs to invite you, Chloe and Taylor to her show, to her magazine, to a special Oprah broadcast… about people who are changing the world, filling it with courage, grace, strength and love! Chloe … I am in AWE of what you created, of all the hours that must have taken, and of your beautiful, sensitive, brave friends… to share their hearts with the world. If you are our future the world is blessed!! and Maya, your beautiful boy Ronan is the heart of this movement of love and gutsy do it ness.

I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is American… you KNOW he had no chance of not signing!!!

with so much love,
    Valerie

6. Deanna Lawrence

/  January 25, 2013

Oooh, Mayasmafia! I want one, too! :) I will wear it with pride!

Great job, Chloe! When kids inspire us, it’s so much more powerful. The coming generation will change the world in the best ways, if they will all just stand up for what’s right the way Chloe is doing.

I want to yell from the roof of my house, fly over the city in a helicopter with a massive bullhorn, shout into into every ear! Sign the petition, already! Just sign it! That 60 seconds of your life could NOT be better spent!! And if I feel that way, I can just imagine what the Thompson family feels. Blessings to all of you!

7. I like how she used Taylor Swift’s Change at the end. Perfect song for this. We definitely need a change on this issue.

8. Sarah

/  January 25, 2013

Just sent a desperate plea to my local news station, fingers crossed!

9. safia

/  January 26, 2013

Only 469 more signatures and we got it ! But like you said, we should go for more and reach 50k ! That would show the world that we all stand up as one when it comes to this :)
    Lots of love.

10. Melissa V

/  January 26, 2013

Wow, what a beautiful video Chloe created. Brilliant smart beautiful young woman! She will help change the world, for sure. Can not wait to see what Woody will challenge you with next (of course in the most loving supportive way possible as he so clearly knows and loves you best!). Love to Thompson Land….rest a wee bit, mama! I know you need no reminders that you still are doing a lot of extra hard work keeping Poppy girl all cozy and snug!

11. Ashley

/  January 26, 2013

I have twittered you out all over tweetville..facebooked you . Almost feel like a pimp. Lol. Regardless you Maya are amazing and you inspire me. I thank you.for that. Which I am sure you would tell me to f off or get a life. I am living a life full of spiciness and hotness
    .thank you for sharing your spicy monkey. You have made me a better mom….heres to you Maya!!

Ps..plz keep Ireland…beautiful name!!

12. I read on one of your posts that you have to be in the USA to sign but it allowed me to do it yesterday and I am in the UK! so all you international readers get signing!! just hope they all count!

13. Chloe

/  January 26, 2013

Maya, hi, it’s Chloe. Thank you so much for everything. You and Ro are my biggest heroes and hearing you say that he would be really proud of me means absolutely everything. Thank you for being you, thank you for showing me what true love is and how to be a rock star. Not only will we rock this petition, but we’re gonna kick cancer in the big ol’ BUTT! We’ll make sure of that. You have no idea how much this meant to me, thank you for writing this. Thank you for all the kind words. Thank everybody for all the kind words! Thank you, Ro, for everything. I love you all to the moon and back. xoxo

14. Masha

/  January 26, 2013

Hi maya,,I’m an O Level 4rm Pakistan,,,,,i live in Pakistan nd i’m so inspired and touched by Ronan’s story,,,,,he’s very special nd I must appreciate your efforts on raising awareness for childhood cancer.
    I cant sign the petition myself so I have asked my friends in US to do it 4 me :) THe cause iz GREAT!! nd I’m dreaming to become an oncologist in the future!!!! I have already written a poem on a baby suffering 4rm cancer

• safia

Hi !
      You don’t have to be in the US to sign the petition !
      I’m in France and I signed it !! :D

15. Kris

/  January 26, 2013

Well done!!! That is THE BEST You Tube video I have ever watched! What an amazing young lady! And to think, the inspiration behind it all is you and Ronan! That White House is gonna look gorgeous in September!

16. Jessica

/  January 26, 2013

Sitting on my iPad hitting refresh and watching the numbers go down! So close!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A gold White House!

17. We only need 172 signatures to reach 25,000!!! We are going to make this happen for Ronan & all other children who suffer or have died from this horrible disease! Never give up Maya!!! Together we can make a difference!!! <3 ROLOVE Always & Forever!!! <3

18. Jess

/  January 26, 2013

Less than 100 signatures left!!!!!!!! We are super close!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Jessica

/  January 26, 2013

We did it! I love seeing 0 signatures needed!

20. Dylbert

/  January 26, 2013

Just hit 25,000. Congrats Maya and everyone at the Ronan Thompson Foundation!!!

21. Melissa

Only 25 left!!!!

22. safia

Only 31 to go !!
    We’re so close to the Gold White House !!

23. Jill

/  January 26, 2013

For the Love of RO! Woody should never underestimate the love for your sweet little boy! :) I’m so excited, I never doubted the 25k signatures! I signed, I shared and had my friends share!

24. safia

/  January 26, 2013

Oh my God !! We did it, you did it Maya !!!!!
    We’re beyond 25k signatures !!!!! That is just so amazing :) :) :)
    Keep working this hard, and good things like this are going to keep happening in your life !
    Lots of love !!

25. Chris

/  January 26, 2013

WE ARE THERE!!!!!! Let’s sing Hallelujah!

26. Gail

/  January 26, 2013

You did it, Maya! 25,000 signatures. You are an amazing woman, doing amazing things!

27. Stacy

/  January 26, 2013

Holy shit! I went to bed last night, checking the numbers the last of, oooohhhh, I don’t know….20 times yesterday….and over 1,000 were still needed. Now it’s down to 24! Incredible! If anyone could make this happen, it’s you, Maya. God help anyone who tries to dissuade you from accomplishing something in Ronan’s name. God help anyone who tries to stop you, period. Can’t wait to see it in September!

28. Stacy

/  January 26, 2013

In the time it took me to type that last post, WE MADE IT!!!!!!

29. Brandy

/  January 26, 2013

YEA BABY YOU DID IT!!!!!25,000 that was all RoBaby!!!!!

30. MaksMama

/  January 26, 2013

25,073 and counting!!!! Tears of joy…

31. Jennifer

/  January 26, 2013

I have been following your blog since Stand Up to Cancer. I have never posted anything before. But I just checked the petition and you did it!! I’m so happy for you, for Ronan, for these kids. Way to go!! You are making a difference for these kids without a doubt!

32. My best friend made this video and I am just so proud of her. I am so glad she is inspiring the world. <3

33. Julia

/  January 26, 2013

What a shame I can’t watch the video in Germany. But still congratulations to you, you made it.

34. Phaedra

/  January 29, 2013

What a sweet sweet girl. Wow! She really opened her friends’ eyes. What if everyone did something like that?

35. MissL

/  January 30, 2013

Hi Maya,

So happy you made 25,000 signatures was watching the numbers go down. :). I can’t watch Chloe’s video maybe because I’m in Australia not sure but I’m sure it was meaningful & beautiful at the same time. Maya you just keep on RoRocking the world.

Xoxo to all

Car wash babe. #poppy #ronan #poppyrooiloveyou #legsfordays #littlelady This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere Join us in the Be Bold Go Gold Challenge! Snap a pic of yourself all decked out in your gold and nominate some brave souls to do the same! @beboldgogold  I was nominated to do the #beboldgogold💛 and I nominate @mamamaya @knjoy and @woodythompson75. #rtf #empiregogold #ronan