Please take a minute and read this article. This is so important to me, and to the MISS Foundation. Grief is not a psychiatric illness, and should not be treated like one.

tumblr_m1ip7wxcxc1qjml5bo1_500

1. Deborah

/  January 4, 2013

I have never heard of anything more ridiculous, maddening, frustrating, and/or idiotic. What a disgrace!! Let the boycotting begin!!

2. So to avoid being labeled as having a mental illness which could keep that which would keep that person from ever having certain jobs… That person would not be allowed to grieve in the face of tragedy? Mental illness is feeling without a cause… Death and tragedy are major causes. How many of us would lose jobs because of losing someone close to us or a family tragedy. WHATEVER! It’s absurd! Those grieving are alive as they feel such intense pain… Those medicated and numb? There might be some real concern there… I’m speechless!

3. Chandi

/  January 4, 2013

Your strength amazes me! There’s no doubt that Ronan is proud of you, and I’m sure Teddy’s mom is grateful for your friendship. Also, you have a gift…..a gift of writing. You put emotions into words in a way that nobody else can. You pull your readers into your soul.

4. Chelsea

/  January 4, 2013

I read this and have shared it with many people today because it makes me so sick and enrages me. I am a home based family therapist, so I work in the mental health field, and I truly believe this change will have major ramifications if it goes through.

5. Sandra

/  January 5, 2013

This is such a fucking stupid idiotic ugggg i cant even get it out!

6. I think so many people are afraid to feel… that doctors who barely know people experiencing grief prescribe to help them get through, move, function… yet part of grief and life after lossing someone important is feeling – feeling heavy, feeling sad, feeling sick, feeling lonely… how can you not feel that? Some people would rather not feel those things… but not feeling those things means you can’t feel the other things either… happy, okay, alive…
    Grief is grief… not a medicated illness, but a way to survive and move and remember and feel…

7. Kristina

/  January 5, 2013

Sadly, there is an agenda in labeling those grieving as mentally ill, so they could sell so many more drugs. Maya, when I share something like this, one person reads. When you share it, hundreds of thousands do. You have a power to influence people and you use it wisely. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

#Repost from @jentate with @repostapp
Oldies but goodies. Seeing these shirts on my RoLovies makes me sooooo happy. @palmercash #ronan #fucancer #rockstarronan #palmercash 💜 came home to thissss!!!! @palmercash #awesome #ronan #rolove now my hubs can rock the #rolove !!! This is the "I want to fucking kill myself selfie." Camelback Inferno hike today is extra hot. WTF was I thinking? Oh, I know. My son died from fucking cancer so I get to live my life being insane and doing crazy shit like this because sometimes it's the only thing that makes me feel alive. Thanks, cancer. You are an asshole. #ronan #fucancer #camelbackmountain #infernohiking #iwanttofuckingkillmyselfselfie #thatwasajoke #nobodyneedstofreakout Battle of the Blogs ends at 11:59PM MST TONIGHT! Those last few hours are invaluable, so please continue to vote as often as you can. 💜

Thank you for your love, your support, your kindness, and your belief in Maya & Ronan, and how they're changing the world. Link is on FB & Twitter!