A tutu, mustache wearing, dance party, hike with a little badass Bee

Ronan. I cooked the eggies this morning. And the sausage. And bacon. Fruit. I had croissants that Rita gave me last night, but I forgot to take them out of your daddy’s car. They were the kind that are frozen and you leave them out over night, to rise. Your daddy called me this afternoon. “Did Rita give you croissants or something last night?” “Yeah! I can’t find them!” I said. “They are in the back of my car. They are rising as we speak. I’ll run them home for you.”

I chuckled. Grief brain. What an asshole it is. I cooked them anyway for your brothers. They were an awesome afternoon snack for them. I felt like a good mom for not burning them. I played baseball with your brothers, too. I tried really hard to be a good mom today. I’m exhausted from it all. It was a long day of missing you.

I ran around and got some things done this morning. I met up with Mandy Bee. She has been gone a lot so I have not seen much of her. I miss her and the ability she has to make me forget about all this pain for a bit. Even if it’s only for a few hours. I told her I had to get my hike in for the day. She offered to come, even though she had already done some crazy work out early in the morning. I told her I would love for her to come with me. We both decided that we needed to hike in our tutu’s today. We ran to her house and got hers and then met back up at our house. We drove to the mountain and went on probably one of the best hikes I’ve had since you’ve been gone. We bolted up the mountain for 90 minutes of pure craziness. We went on a different trail with music from her iPhone blaring, and we full on had a dance party the whole way to the top. I laughed. I wore my mustache sunglasses. I didn’t cry hiking that mountain today with Mandy Bee. I got lost in the world that she creates for me which is either really, really sad when I need it to be. Or else it is really, really happy. In the craziest way possible. We looked like we were nuts today. It felt good to look nuts and not in the way that I normally look hiking that mountain with red eyes and black mascara running down my face. The break from that was much needed, especially after last nights heavy-hearted hike. I know I desperately need more days like today where I am able to laugh and let go. They don’t come very often but when they do…. watch out. They make me feel like I am on top of the world with you right by my side, holding my hand. My best days always remind me of you.

I did not decide on our trip today. I am procrastinating in a big way.  I deserved today. I just could not deal with the pressure of making any big decisions about fucking May. Maybe tomorrow.

Short post tonight, baby doll. The little sleep I had last night is hitting me. I miss you. I love you. I hope you are safe. G’nite. Sweet dreams

xoxo

/  April 16, 2012

Love it!!! Thing if you RoMama and Ro!! Always Ro!!! So glad you had a great hiking party :) you deserve it!!!
    XO

2. Melissa

/  April 16, 2012

<3 that you were wild and crazy with Mandy Bee today! <3 You are ONE amazing spirit, Maya! Thinking of you and Ro all the time.

3. Sounds like everyone needs a friend like Mandy Bee. You are surrounded by so many beautiful people. I’m so glad you were able to have a day for yourself – everyone needs it once in a while xo

4. Laura

/  April 16, 2012

Glad you had a god day. Sounds like it was very eventful. Glad the boys got off to a good start with their breakfast. Love the tutu hikers. All our love to your entire family.

5. So glad you have someone like Mandy Bee to take you inferno hiking, in a purple tutu with a black fake mustache. A beautiful friend for an equally gorgeous person like you! Love you both, and of course Ro. <3

6. Jaime H.

/  April 17, 2012

I love the quote at the top of this post! I’m glad you had fun with Mandy and that your breakfast came out okay :) Praying for you and your family as May approaches! xoxo

7. Love, love the tutu hiking. Glad breakfast and snack turned out well. No need to rush on any decisions. Take care, Maya. Fuck you cancer!

8. Love, love the tutu hiking. Glad the breakfast and snack turned out well. No need to rush any decisions. Take care & fuck you cancer!

9. I tear up at every.single.post from you. I’m so sorry for what has happened to Ronan, and you, and your family. :(

You have probably heard this song before but I thought, incase you hadn’t, that I’d send it along:
    Gone Too Soon

Today could have been the day,
    That you blow out your candles,
    Make a wish as you close your eyes.

Today could have been the day,
    Everybody was laughing,
    Instead I just sit here and cry,

Who would you be?
    What would you look like,
    When you looked at me for the very first time?
    Today could have been the next day of the rest of your life.

Not a day goes by,
    That I don’t think of you,
    I’m always asking why this crazy world had to lose,
    Such a ray of light we never knew,
    Gone too soon, yeah.

Would you have been president
    Or a painter, an author, or sing like your mother?
    One thing is evident,
    Would’ve given all I had,
    Would’ve loved you like no other.

Who would you be,
    What would you look like,
    Would you have my smile and her eyes?
    Today could have been the next day of the rest of your life.

Not a day goes by,
    That I don’t think of you,
    I’m always asking why this crazy world had to lose,
    Such a ray of light we never knew,
    Gone too soon, yeah.

Not a day goes by,
    Oh
    I’m always asking why.

Not a day goes by,
    That I don’t think of you,
    I’m always asking why this crazy world had to lose,
    Such a beautiful light we never knew,
    Gone too soon,
    You were gone too soon
    Yeah.

Not a day goes by,
    That I don’t think of you.

This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere Join us in the Be Bold Go Gold Challenge! Snap a pic of yourself all decked out in your gold and nominate some brave souls to do the same! @beboldgogold  I was nominated to do the #beboldgogold💛 and I nominate @mamamaya @knjoy and @woodythompson75. #rtf #empiregogold #ronan I totally have the best 11 year old in the world. #ronan #fucancer #nutellaordie #notdramaticatall @knjoy