My celebrity guest blogger of the day… Rita!

Cathi Herrod, I read SB 1462 – did you? I invite you to meet some of the kids getting bullied at school because they’re bald from chemo. I invite you to explain to me why you would use your political clout to kill a bill that would help teachers and administrators do a better job for our kids. For my kid. Open invite, Cathi. – Rita

1. Kassie

/  March 17, 2012

I’m a junior in college where I am majoring in Early Childhood Education. I plan to become a Kindergarten teacher. I am amazed that someone would oppose this, as Nicole Stanton did. The reason I am becoming a Kindergarten teacher is because kids awesome, they are our future, they are so pure hearted and incredibly unique, and they deserve the very best education and childhood. We’re the adults here. It is not only our job but our responsibility to act wisely on behalf of children. Bullying will not be tolerated in my classroom. Even five year olds can grasp the concept of love, compassion, kindness, expression, and being open minded and accepting, yet adults like Stanton can’t seem to do that. This bill was to help people! How can helping innocent children be “an agenda or ulterior motive”?! Last time I checked, going into the field of education wasn’t for the paycheck or to carry out secret “evil” plans to help groups of people that certain individuals (um, Stanton) discriminate against take over the world. It’s because I care about these kids. Their education. Their happiness. Their freedom. Their well-being. Their LIFE. It makes me sad that so many big decisions are made ( or squashed by) people who don’t seem to have a genuine vested interest in people (children!!) that the decision directly affects. People say kids can be mean, but guess who teaches kids to discriminate and hate and judge and belittle? ADULTS who do those very things! In my own classroom experiences so far, I can tell you one thing: kids a freaking amazing. They are capable of compassion beyond belief and they are capable of overcoming stereotypes put in place by the people that came before them. But in order to do so, we have to give these young children a chance to grow up in a place where they aren’t mocked, bullied, stereotyped, and taught to hate others or disgusting and superficial reasons. I have complete faith in our kiddos. Give them a chance. And let people with a genuine and compassionate vested interest in our children have a louder voice than those who clearly don’t give a damn. Go Rita and Maya!! I am so completely on board with you!

2. Kassie

/  March 17, 2012

*need to fix something, I meant Cathi not Nicole. I was thinking of the wrong name when I wrote the last comment!

3. Natasha

/  March 21, 2012

Whenever I think of you and your family ( which is EVERYDAY all the way from Vancouver Island, Canada ) I think of a song called “Puzzle with a piece missing” by Goyte. Your story makes me want to love a little harder. I just wish I could get braclets for my family and I. I would be so honored to share Ronans story here.

• Natasha…..I too am from Vancouver Island!!! I am in Sooke now!! I have 2 braceletes that I can send to you……then I am out~ I am going to need more, as I am spreading the Rolove down on the south Island!! Email me or add me on facebook if you want me to send you them Leona Lewco leonalew@hotmail.com

Leona~

4. Deb

/  March 24, 2012

I haven’t read your blog in a long time and went on hoping that you had found even the slightest bit of peace; one grain of sand of healing in your entire ocean of despair. Instead I found that you would be willing to murder your husband if it could bring your son back. There is a simpler solution and it WILL work. Another mother lost her innocent, perfect son in a horrific way. It did happen. And because of him we will have a chance to see the ones we love again. All you have to do is believe. You put a lot of passion into believing a lot of things. This can be researched. Read “Heaven is for Real”. Listen to KLOVE radio station. You will find comfort. Please give it a try. God Bless.

• Deb. You can take that KLove Radio station and shove it up your ass. Fucking idiot.

• carla

/  March 24, 2012

Yessss. In ROd we trust, Deb.

• Shaundra

/  March 24, 2012

I can’t believe that was all Deb got from the last post. Ur right Maya, what a FUCKING idiot. Some people amaze me, & not in a good way… Though there are others like you & your Ro that give me hope. I hope this last week has been at least somewhat bearable Maya. I’ve missed your words but can understand the need to take a break. I hope you are as okay as you can be… You and yours are thought of daily in Boise, Idaho.

• bahahahaha….well said Maya <3

Leona~

5. I miss you, Maya. I hope you’re doing okay xo

6. I don’t know you or your lovely family. I came across your blog via Circle of Mom’s voting and voted daily. I come to the blog often since then to read because I feel that your honesty is refreshing. Too many who lose children or suffer any loss seem so “ok”. Coping. Praying. I’m not sure I would be that way. I think I would be angry, resentful and a ton of other emotions I hope to never feel.
    I hate when people say time will heal. Things will get better.
    They won’t really. He is gone and that sucks.
    I cried all night for you one day last week (note to self: don’t read your entries right before bed) and woke up looking like crap. And then I thought…this is how you must feel daily.
    And for that, I write this comment to say…deal with it any way you know how.
    I will always come to read and support.
    Big hugs from Toronto!
    xo

7. Melissa

/  March 25, 2012

Thinking about you Maya and Ro…always. Sending you only love.

#Repost from @ronanfoundation If you've been tagged, you're it!!! It’s time to… ‪#‎BeBoldGoGold‬! Get your glitter on! We’re kicking off Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with a bang & a sparkle! Throughout September, we’re turning ourselves into spicy, gold human billboards for childhood cancer awareness and want YOU to join us! Welcome to the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge!
HOW IT WORKS:
You deck yourself out in your gold bling or glitter—jewelry, clothes, facepaint, you name it, you rock it. You head out into a public place. Talk to at least one person about childhood cancer—tell them a fact, like that 46 are diagnosed with cancer every day. The goal is to raise awareness, so talk to as many people as you can & encourage them to take the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge

Film/photograph your adventure, and tag us in it! We’re reposting submissions to our new #BeBoldGoGold Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. When you post your video/photo, nominate 3 people to carry out the challenge by tagging them. They have 48 hours after being tagged to get their gold on! Make sure to hashtag #BeBoldGoGold and ‪#‎RTF‬

At the end of September, we’re giving a prize to whoever goes all out and makes the biggest impact (aka raises the most awareness)! We’ll also have #BeBoldGoGold shirts available to purchase (link coming soon). If you would prefer to donate instead of (or in addition to) the challenge, visit: http://www.theronanthompsonfoundation.com/ & share the link.
The Challenge starts…NOW! #Repost from @firedaughterclothing
It's almost September! Childhood Cancer Awareness Month- this is my I think 4th year working with my absolutely amazing girlfriend @mamamaya to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer, which brutally stole her son Ronan.  I was introduced to Maya when my close girlfriend Sandra's daughter was also fighting for her life, alongside Ronan.  Mia beat her cancer but has severe radiation injury.  This horrible horrible thing brought us all together and we are determined to make a difference for all of our babies.  Keep an eye out over the next week or so.  It's time to Go Gold 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 "And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...I shake it off, I shake it off." #pearl #gettingreadyfortimessquare #nycorbust #nycgoesgold #beboldgogold #rtf #shakeitoff @taylorswift @knjoy