Dr. Giselle Sholler

I think she’s on to something…..

1. Cheryl

/  January 20, 2012

I am sitting at my computer crying and cheering for this doctor and for your post. Always cheering for you and your family too. Just watching as a 2 year old with neuroblastoma recurrence fights for her life. I will share this with the doctors here in Connecticut where my daughter is treated for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Thank YOU for this information.

• Carolyn

/  January 22, 2012

Cheryl, I am so sorry that your little girl, you and your family, are going through this. I hope so much that everything will be alright for you. We will be thinking of you and your little one.
      Carolyn

2. Julie Blouin

/  January 20, 2012

She’s on it!!! Excellent info. Weird, we were just talking about this. Not a coincidence though, the stars are aligning in every aspect of Childhood Cancer right now….YOUR “bright star” is lighting the path and guiding all of us. He’s got our attention.

3. Rita Dickinson

/  January 20, 2012

That sounds incredibly promising!

4. Leila

/  January 20, 2012

This is good.
    I think it was the UNI of Montreal that found out through trials that you can find out the exact dose of chemo and every med that each patient needs by their DNA.
    Some children have died from being given too much chemo. Going by their DNA they were given 3x the amount that their body needed whereas that same amount of Chemo for other children was too low of a dose.
    I am pretty sure that it was the UNI of Montreal that discovered how to find out through DNA. Doctors do not use this on patients though because each test costs a few hundred dollars. Instead, they just give the generic ‘recommended’ dose to every patient.

5. Melissa V.

/  January 20, 2012

Sounds so promising. Breaks my heart that it this hope was not available to Ronan. Will share this with a family at a school I work with who’s 5 year old has just relapsed after NED for about 8 months (she was Stage iV NB dx at age 3).

6. Nickee

/  January 20, 2012

YES!!!!! Finally- thank you to Dr. Sholler and Dell!!! I really feel like that will go somewhere… yes, she IS onto something. That technology will help sooo much. I hope they get that going fast. Thanks for posting the article :) I really like her! I fee like she really cares and wants to make a difference. Love to you and the fam, and always RO!

7. jaime Harris

/  January 20, 2012

She sounds like one smart cookie and I do pray she is really onto figuring this thing out so that other babies can be cured! Much love to you today Maya, always thinking of you and Ronan! xoxo

8. Maria

/  January 20, 2012

Dearest Maya,

I have heard a lot of great things about Dr. Sholler. It’s very obvious that not all NB can be treated in the same way. My hopes are, that with our support, Dr. Sholler will be able to solve the mystery of NB.

My son Kasper was diagnosed with stage IV NB in March 2010 at 2 years and 4 months. When I first read your blog, a few months ago, I was struck by the similarities in Ronan’s and Kasper’s diagnoses. The black eye we thought Kasper had gotten playing rough with his older brother, was due to a tumor behind his left eye. There were no other symptoms, that his little body was full of cancer.

Kaper went through the standard protocol and is NED. My joy for being able to sleep with Kasper in my arms every night, is mixed with the incredible sadness I feel for you not being able to do the same with your Ronan, for the pain Nate is going through during his treatment and for Teddy relapsing just a couple of months after us celebrating Teddy, Leila and Kasper being done with treatment.

Thank you Maya for using your gift with spicy words and your love for Ronan to spread awareness and raise fund for pediatric cancer.

I’m sending you all my LOVE, LIGHT, STRENGTH and KICKING ASS SPIRIT,

Maria

P.S.
    I have found yoga and meditation very helpful, but you would need to find a great teacher. Reading about your body shaking I think you would release a lot of tension through TRE – tension and trauma exercises. Check it out at: traumaprevention.com
    The founder, David Berceli, is from Phoenix, so I’ll take that as a sign. : )

9. Angie

/  January 20, 2012

Amazing! You had a vibe about her from the get-go and you were right. Shout out to Dell too for supporting this mission! When I am ready for a laptop, I will buy from them!!

10. I hope that Dr. Sholler continues her research – she sounds amazing. Very impressive that Dell has donated so much. Take care & fuck you cancer!

11. KT

/  January 21, 2012

Amazing!!!! Love to all of you !!!
    xoxo

#Repost from @jentate with @repostapp
Oldies but goodies. Seeing these shirts on my RoLovies makes me sooooo happy. @palmercash #ronan #fucancer #rockstarronan #palmercash 💜 came home to thissss!!!! @palmercash #awesome #ronan #rolove now my hubs can rock the #rolove !!! This is the "I want to fucking kill myself selfie." Camelback Inferno hike today is extra hot. WTF was I thinking? Oh, I know. My son died from fucking cancer so I get to live my life being insane and doing crazy shit like this because sometimes it's the only thing that makes me feel alive. Thanks, cancer. You are an asshole. #ronan #fucancer #camelbackmountain #infernohiking #iwanttofuckingkillmyselfselfie #thatwasajoke #nobodyneedstofreakout Battle of the Blogs ends at 11:59PM MST TONIGHT! Those last few hours are invaluable, so please continue to vote as often as you can. 💜

Thank you for your love, your support, your kindness, and your belief in Maya & Ronan, and how they're changing the world. Link is on FB & Twitter!