Dr. Giselle Sholler

I think she’s on to something…..

1. Cheryl

/  January 20, 2012

I am sitting at my computer crying and cheering for this doctor and for your post. Always cheering for you and your family too. Just watching as a 2 year old with neuroblastoma recurrence fights for her life. I will share this with the doctors here in Connecticut where my daughter is treated for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Thank YOU for this information.

• Carolyn

/  January 22, 2012

Cheryl, I am so sorry that your little girl, you and your family, are going through this. I hope so much that everything will be alright for you. We will be thinking of you and your little one.
      Carolyn

2. Julie Blouin

/  January 20, 2012

She’s on it!!! Excellent info. Weird, we were just talking about this. Not a coincidence though, the stars are aligning in every aspect of Childhood Cancer right now….YOUR “bright star” is lighting the path and guiding all of us. He’s got our attention.

3. Rita Dickinson

/  January 20, 2012

That sounds incredibly promising!

4. Leila

/  January 20, 2012

This is good.
    I think it was the UNI of Montreal that found out through trials that you can find out the exact dose of chemo and every med that each patient needs by their DNA.
    Some children have died from being given too much chemo. Going by their DNA they were given 3x the amount that their body needed whereas that same amount of Chemo for other children was too low of a dose.
    I am pretty sure that it was the UNI of Montreal that discovered how to find out through DNA. Doctors do not use this on patients though because each test costs a few hundred dollars. Instead, they just give the generic ‘recommended’ dose to every patient.

5. Melissa V.

/  January 20, 2012

Sounds so promising. Breaks my heart that it this hope was not available to Ronan. Will share this with a family at a school I work with who’s 5 year old has just relapsed after NED for about 8 months (she was Stage iV NB dx at age 3).

6. Nickee

/  January 20, 2012

YES!!!!! Finally- thank you to Dr. Sholler and Dell!!! I really feel like that will go somewhere… yes, she IS onto something. That technology will help sooo much. I hope they get that going fast. Thanks for posting the article :) I really like her! I fee like she really cares and wants to make a difference. Love to you and the fam, and always RO!

7. jaime Harris

/  January 20, 2012

She sounds like one smart cookie and I do pray she is really onto figuring this thing out so that other babies can be cured! Much love to you today Maya, always thinking of you and Ronan! xoxo

8. Maria

/  January 20, 2012

Dearest Maya,

I have heard a lot of great things about Dr. Sholler. It’s very obvious that not all NB can be treated in the same way. My hopes are, that with our support, Dr. Sholler will be able to solve the mystery of NB.

My son Kasper was diagnosed with stage IV NB in March 2010 at 2 years and 4 months. When I first read your blog, a few months ago, I was struck by the similarities in Ronan’s and Kasper’s diagnoses. The black eye we thought Kasper had gotten playing rough with his older brother, was due to a tumor behind his left eye. There were no other symptoms, that his little body was full of cancer.

Kaper went through the standard protocol and is NED. My joy for being able to sleep with Kasper in my arms every night, is mixed with the incredible sadness I feel for you not being able to do the same with your Ronan, for the pain Nate is going through during his treatment and for Teddy relapsing just a couple of months after us celebrating Teddy, Leila and Kasper being done with treatment.

Thank you Maya for using your gift with spicy words and your love for Ronan to spread awareness and raise fund for pediatric cancer.

I’m sending you all my LOVE, LIGHT, STRENGTH and KICKING ASS SPIRIT,

Maria

P.S.
    I have found yoga and meditation very helpful, but you would need to find a great teacher. Reading about your body shaking I think you would release a lot of tension through TRE – tension and trauma exercises. Check it out at: traumaprevention.com
    The founder, David Berceli, is from Phoenix, so I’ll take that as a sign. : )

9. Angie

/  January 20, 2012

Amazing! You had a vibe about her from the get-go and you were right. Shout out to Dell too for supporting this mission! When I am ready for a laptop, I will buy from them!!

10. I hope that Dr. Sholler continues her research – she sounds amazing. Very impressive that Dell has donated so much. Take care & fuck you cancer!

11. KT

/  January 21, 2012

Amazing!!!! Love to all of you !!!
    xoxo

#Repost from @ronanfoundation If you've been tagged, you're it!!! It’s time to… ‪#‎BeBoldGoGold‬! Get your glitter on! We’re kicking off Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with a bang & a sparkle! Throughout September, we’re turning ourselves into spicy, gold human billboards for childhood cancer awareness and want YOU to join us! Welcome to the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge!
HOW IT WORKS:
You deck yourself out in your gold bling or glitter—jewelry, clothes, facepaint, you name it, you rock it. You head out into a public place. Talk to at least one person about childhood cancer—tell them a fact, like that 46 are diagnosed with cancer every day. The goal is to raise awareness, so talk to as many people as you can & encourage them to take the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge

Film/photograph your adventure, and tag us in it! We’re reposting submissions to our new #BeBoldGoGold Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. When you post your video/photo, nominate 3 people to carry out the challenge by tagging them. They have 48 hours after being tagged to get their gold on! Make sure to hashtag #BeBoldGoGold and ‪#‎RTF‬

At the end of September, we’re giving a prize to whoever goes all out and makes the biggest impact (aka raises the most awareness)! We’ll also have #BeBoldGoGold shirts available to purchase (link coming soon). If you would prefer to donate instead of (or in addition to) the challenge, visit: http://www.theronanthompsonfoundation.com/ & share the link.
The Challenge starts…NOW! #Repost from @firedaughterclothing
It's almost September! Childhood Cancer Awareness Month- this is my I think 4th year working with my absolutely amazing girlfriend @mamamaya to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer, which brutally stole her son Ronan.  I was introduced to Maya when my close girlfriend Sandra's daughter was also fighting for her life, alongside Ronan.  Mia beat her cancer but has severe radiation injury.  This horrible horrible thing brought us all together and we are determined to make a difference for all of our babies.  Keep an eye out over the next week or so.  It's time to Go Gold 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 "And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...I shake it off, I shake it off." #pearl #gettingreadyfortimessquare #nycorbust #nycgoesgold #beboldgogold #rtf #shakeitoff @taylorswift @knjoy