There’s a band named Starfucker? Awesome.

Walmart Bike Riding, yo!

1. Maureen

/  December 24, 2011

I am sorry Maya. So very sorry for your sorrow. I pray for peace each and everyday.
    Thinking of you,
    Mo

2. Rachel

/  December 25, 2011

Thinking of you & your family. If I could, I would bring Ro back to you! I’m reading your blog from the beginning and it is breaking my heart all over again. You, Woody & the boys do not deserve this. Neither does Ro. He belongs with you.
    If I believed in prayers, I would pray for you to find the slightest peace this holiday. But instead, I will wish it upon the shooting star I saw earlier tonight.

Love,
    R.

3. Love the name of the band and the picture on the bike. xoxo

4. D. Cage

/  December 25, 2011

Dear Ronan, get in touch with me A.S.A.P. It’s urgent.

5. hang in there–that is all that I can say—FU Cancer!!

6. Maya!!!!

i haven’t posted in awhile but I wanted to comment on your comment about not taking meds and i just want to say that i am one of those folk who completely supports and agrees with your decision to not take a pill……………you are my inspiration in life and FUCK CANCER!!!!! i am a nursing major and want to specialize in pediatrics, ronan is my driving force!!!!!!!!! love you mama maya! <3

7. Daniella

/  December 27, 2011

Way to make it through Christmas!! I was thinking about you all weekend. I’m actually up here in the Pacific Northwest, I’m so happy you were able to be here and just breathe in the air. That northwest air is something small, but it is something good.

I’m not much a of a church girl but I went on xmas to make my family happy. I thought about you and Ronan the entire time. I prayed, to who – I have no idea, but I prayed none the less for you and your survival. I say survival because to call it grief seems insignificant. I guess I feel like I’m watching you survive right now (and you are doing a FUCKING AMAZING job at it!), not watching you grieve. How could I watch you grieve when I have no idea what you are really going though??

Of course, like most readers I’m sure, I worry about you. BUT, then I get to read a very spicy response like that one I just want to throw my hands up in the air and say “SEE, DO YOU SEE THAT AMAZING MAYA! A WOMAN LIKE THAT KICKS SO MUCH ASS!!” And I know you are going to survive. People with all the fire inside don’t just wilt away. You are a powerful, kickass mom, period.

That reader is nuts. Effing nuts. You rock! Love you Mama-Maya!

• Daniella

/  December 27, 2011

whoops! I meant to post this on your most recent story…. i’ll repost since it will make more sense!

8. michelle

/  December 27, 2011

i love this band. if you havnt already, you should listen to the song by them called julius. <3

This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere Join us in the Be Bold Go Gold Challenge! Snap a pic of yourself all decked out in your gold and nominate some brave souls to do the same! @beboldgogold  I was nominated to do the #beboldgogold💛 and I nominate @mamamaya @knjoy and @woodythompson75. #rtf #empiregogold #ronan I totally have the best 11 year old in the world. #ronan #fucancer #nutellaordie #notdramaticatall @knjoy