It sure is, Ro.

1. Jessica

/  June 28, 2011

Your son died less than two months ago and someone is emailing you and telling you to stop writing or talking about him?! Wow. I’m sorry that you even have to deal with people like that. I can say that I am a mom of two kids and one on the way and I read your blog everyday. It helps me to be a better mom and helps me to realize that things can change in an instant so I need to cherish this time with my little ones (even when they are driving me crazy.) We continue to pray for you every night before bed and my son’s new favorite song is Big Jet Plane which he asks to listen to all the time. Thank you for writing, for sharing, for touching and changing our lives.

2. Lisa

/  June 28, 2011

Listen to “Run” by Snow Patrol.

3. Sara

/  June 28, 2011

It sure is!

4. Rachel Edson

/  June 28, 2011

I can not believe anyone could ever say that to you? Who are these people? I can’t imagine anyone I’ve ever known to say such hateful, cruel things to you. Don’t listen to a word they say! You have made me truly treasure every moment that I share with my three children and I have to say my 15 month old son reminds me so much of Ronan. They have such similar facial features and I’ve caught myself calling my son Ronan a couple of times. :0 My son, Raiden, has a twin sister and an older 27 month old sister and even though sometimes I am overwhelmed with three kids in diapers I have learned from you that EVERY moment, the good and not so good is a gift and the thought of something ever happening to them scares the crap out of me. I can not even IMAGINE the reality of what you are going through. You keep doing exactly what you are doing, Ronan is very very special and he has touched my life in the best way possible. I think of him often and he has touched my heart, both of you have. Much love to you and your family.

5. CJ Simpson

/  June 28, 2011

Whoever said that obviously has issues.. If they don’t agree with your need and desires then they shouldn’t f-in go to your blog and read it.

6. Just let it out, Maya. We all know it’s fucked up.

7. Alana

/  June 28, 2011

Well, the person who wrote that email is wrong, very wrong….Looks like over 1.2 million people disagree with her too! As many of us have said before, we don’t always comment because the words just don’t come. Sometimes they aren’t even necessary…just know that you are being prayed for and there are are lots of us who don’t even know you that hurt with you and truly care. I for one, have never been so impacted by someone I don’t know as I have you…I think of you everytime I see a little boy, everytime I look at one of my grandsons, and even when I was at Seaside, OR last week I thought of you surfing in the ocean. And every time I think of you Maya, I pray for you. Sometimes I just pray that you will be given the strength you need to get through one more day.
    I also, am more aware of the need to help find a cure for the horrid C word and you are right, it is the most offensive word of any!
    Yes, it would be easier in some ways, to just forget, to stop reading your blogs and feeling your pain, because it makes me feel really sad, but I will keep reading as long as you keep writing because I feel like it’s almost as important to you to know that others are “listening” to you as it is that you have a place to write out your true feelings without holding back.

#Repost from @ronanfoundation If you've been tagged, you're it!!! It’s time to… ‪#‎BeBoldGoGold‬! Get your glitter on! We’re kicking off Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with a bang & a sparkle! Throughout September, we’re turning ourselves into spicy, gold human billboards for childhood cancer awareness and want YOU to join us! Welcome to the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge!
HOW IT WORKS:
You deck yourself out in your gold bling or glitter—jewelry, clothes, facepaint, you name it, you rock it. You head out into a public place. Talk to at least one person about childhood cancer—tell them a fact, like that 46 are diagnosed with cancer every day. The goal is to raise awareness, so talk to as many people as you can & encourage them to take the #BeBoldGoGold Challenge

Film/photograph your adventure, and tag us in it! We’re reposting submissions to our new #BeBoldGoGold Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. When you post your video/photo, nominate 3 people to carry out the challenge by tagging them. They have 48 hours after being tagged to get their gold on! Make sure to hashtag #BeBoldGoGold and ‪#‎RTF‬

At the end of September, we’re giving a prize to whoever goes all out and makes the biggest impact (aka raises the most awareness)! We’ll also have #BeBoldGoGold shirts available to purchase (link coming soon). If you would prefer to donate instead of (or in addition to) the challenge, visit: http://www.theronanthompsonfoundation.com/ & share the link.
The Challenge starts…NOW! #Repost from @firedaughterclothing
It's almost September! Childhood Cancer Awareness Month- this is my I think 4th year working with my absolutely amazing girlfriend @mamamaya to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer, which brutally stole her son Ronan.  I was introduced to Maya when my close girlfriend Sandra's daughter was also fighting for her life, alongside Ronan.  Mia beat her cancer but has severe radiation injury.  This horrible horrible thing brought us all together and we are determined to make a difference for all of our babies.  Keep an eye out over the next week or so.  It's time to Go Gold 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 "And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...I shake it off, I shake it off." #pearl #gettingreadyfortimessquare #nycorbust #nycgoesgold #beboldgogold #rtf #shakeitoff @taylorswift @knjoy