HOPE.LOVE.FAITH

Tomorrow is a big day. Huge.  I should be sleeping….but I am so nervous I can’t. We check in to Sloan at 9:30 and Ronan will his anesthesia, they will do bone aspirations on the front and back of him, and then the CT Scan. Please continue to pray and send great thoughts his way. I KNOW the scans are going to come back with amazing results. I have faith that what we are doing is working and Ronan is so strong; he is going to beat this disease and we will never look back.

Tonight, I took a look at my family and stepped back a bit. I know this is my blog and I sit here and talk about how hard this is on me….. but I hope you all know that I know this is hard on our entire family. Sometimes I feel selfish for going on and on about me…. but to talk about how badly this is hurting everyone is too much for me. It is evident that everyone is hurting and suffering from this. It breaks my heart to watch my family have to go through this and see how scared and sad they are. Everyone puts on such a brave face but as I sit back and watch certain situations and observe… it’s like a slap in the face. I wish I could take away everyone’s pain and sadness. I would give anything to just have my 3 boys, home with Woody and I, under the same roof with everyone healthy. I am hurting; but there are so many other people who are hurting too. I am trying my best to be a good wife, mom, daughter, friend, etc….. Sometimes I don’t know which direction to turn and it is all overwhelming. I’ve been doing a lot of talking to Quinn; I miss Liam who has been staying with Mimi and Papa. I HATE that because of this disease, my 3 little guys can’t be together like they used to be. Tonight, I am just sad. But tomorrow, I will be brave.

I love you all. A special I love you tonight to one of my favorites, Liz. You know why; and you are the truest of the true. Please pray extra hard tonight and tomorrow for our little Rockstar. I will update you when I know something. Thank you all.

1. susan day

/  December 22, 2010

Praying BIG prayers tonight for u and your incredible family, Maya…positive, positive thoughts being sent..xo

2. Marquita Ward

/  December 22, 2010

Yes, most of all have faith…because…that is what Jesus is going to be looking for when He comes back..so girl…you…are on the right track! Keep that faith…I know it is hard…the faith of Jesus…the faith He had in the Father when He was in the garden just before He headed for the hardest thing anyone could do. Just know that Jesus went through what you are going through…agony…He truly cares and is to be trusted.

3. Alicia

/  December 23, 2010

Mia,

You may not remember me, and that’s OK. I’m Alicia (Cary) Schwab. I’ve been reading your blogs through Jen Woodard. This is not something I’ve felt strong enough to share with everyone as you have. But as I read your post I can relate somewhat. My Husband was diagnosed with Cancer a couple months ago. It’s not by any means to the level as your little boys. But all your feelings I have had as well and sometime…..at least for me l know that if it’s normal that makes me feel better. We are at the 3rd week of his treatment and have three more to go. I hoping to be stronger then I have been this past week. It all just builds and builds…..I just wanted you to know I’m inspired by you. You are amazing….. for your Ronan and your family. I’m thankful you’ve had the strength to share this. It’s helped me. Just keep doing what you’re doing….

4. simone atkinson

/  December 23, 2010

Hoping…hoping…hoping.

5. Rosemary

/  December 23, 2010

Your blog is inspirational for me…and raw…and smacks me with reality of life. It is LIFE that will sustain and remain and conquer all things. I admire you and your family. This ugly thing called cancer will die. Your loving family will thrive…ALL of you! Together.
    This is the season of MIRACLES, LOVE, HOPE, FAITH, JOY, PEACE. May all good things come true for you and your family!
    Prayers are ongoing for your family.
    Merry Christmas.

6. Nance Harris

/  December 23, 2010

Maya,

We are praying that the tumor has shrunk a great deal. We are also praying for Ronan’s doctors and medical staff and your family. Lean on the Lord, He’s stronger than all of us.

Enjoy each moment of Christmas that you can.

Wise words Wednesday. #ronan #fucancer #wisewordswednesday #truth #fsu @brimelone Pearl is really regretting last nights decisions and the fact that she is grounded from the car. #pearl #ronan #fucancer #regretful #walkofshame #pearlishungover #pearlisgrounded #blacksheep #getyourshittogetherpearl Pearl called her attorney who got the charges dropped immediately. Thanks @woodythompson75. We'll get her home safe and sound. #pearl #ronan #pearlwillneedtosleepthisoff #thiswafflewillsoberherup #blacksheep #getyourshittogetherpearl #pearlisgrounded #fucancer