It was a Sparky kind of day

Day 4 of Ronan’s chemo has wiped him out. His counts are low so he is getting a blood transfusion as we speak. I’m watching the blood pour into his IV while he peacefully snoozes away. Still so weird that somebody else’s blood is going into my little boys’ body. Ronan has been giving all of the nurses a hard time today. Even when they just come in to check his blood pressure. He has been giving us his mean little squeal, which sound like a little piglet, and completely covering himself up in his blanket. It is so dang cute. It’s his way of telling us, he’s had enough. I don’t blame him. I’ll bet you in the week and a half that we’ve been here that we’ve seen over 30 different nurses. I can’t keep track of them all anymore.
Papa Charlie arranged for Sparky to come today. And my dear friend, Lauren, arranged for her amazing photographer friend, Sandey, to capture it all. We got Ronan up out of bed… finally… and went out into the hall of the hospital where Sparky was waiting. He also brought one of the ASU Football players with him and two of the cutest little cheerleaders that I’ve ever seen in my life. Ro was soooo excited. His little face was priceless and could have lit up an entire city. We took pictures and Ronan gave Sparky multiple high fives and knuckles. He was pretty tired so I held him most of the time but he did let me set him down for a bit to take some pictures by Sparky. Liam and Quinn were loving it. They were so cute when we put them in between the 2 cheerleaders. Trying not to be embarrassed but they were blushing from head to toe. It was a great day and exactly what Ronan needed. Thank you to everyone who made this day possible. My little tiger is waking up now and needs his mama!!

**** A very special thanks to Sandey Tenuto, the amazing photographer for taking time out of her day to come and capture this moment for us. Words cannot express how grateful I am!!!! You have an amazing gift!!******

xoxo

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. Chris

/  August 24, 2010

Yeah for Sparky and the cheerleaders for giving of their time today. That is really sweet of them to do this. They probably feel like they got more than they gave though.

2. Tiffany Berwind

/  August 24, 2010

Love it!!! He is such a cute little man!

3. Danielle

/  August 24, 2010

Wow… I love the pictures and hearing about the day and your amazing surroundings of family and friends. Go be with your sparkle. XOXO

4. suba

/  August 24, 2010

God bless your little Ronan. My strength and prayers on your way! Hang in there.

5. Ron and Sher Trafzer

/  August 24, 2010

Great pictures and thanks for sharing. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you and especially with Ronan for a speedy recovery………

Ron (a friend Charlie’s)

6. wendy

/  August 24, 2010

You have quite an amazing little boy there. I am a friend of Sandey’s from college and she shared your story with me. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting Ronan!

Miss you already, lover. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #rideordie #mommynumbertwo @macymwood Goddess. #ronan #fucancer #lanadelrey Dedicated to my @macymwood. Ride or die for life. #ronan #fucancer #iwillloveyoutilltheendoftime #lanadelrey #iwouldmakeoutwithlana Hipsters. #ronan #fucancer #middleagedhipsters #youngforever #forgotourflowerheadbands #lanadelrae Been trying hard not to get into trouble... #ronan #fucancer #lanadelrae #mymusicalsoulmate @macymwood This is my happy place. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #hidingfromtheworld #sundaysnuggles @macymwood @knjoy Sundays are for sleep. @macymwood @knjoy #poppy #ronan #fucancer #sleepingbeauty #wornoutfromsomuchdancing Just making out with my favorite homegirl. #poppy #ronan #youdownwithopp? #yeahyouknowme #homegirllove #fucancer Poppy's other mom is in da house! #poppy #ronan #fucancer #mytwomoms #thesebitchesarecrazy @macymwood A bunch of little ballers and a P-Ro, too. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #basketballislife #arcadiatitans This has secretly been being worked on for quite some time. As you can imagine, it was a very emotional thing. We as board members/friends at RTF decided it was time for the little seal logo to go. We needed something that really spoke to who Ronan was/is. This is what our amazing friends at Fervor Creative came up with after many meetings with us and many do overs. (pro bono might I add because they have such beautiful hearts) I think they nailed it this time as it shows the beauty, strength and bravery that Ronan had, in such a simple way. How no matter what, you always keep walking up that hill and fighting, and even in death, you wont stop fighting for a world that so badly needs to be fixed which is the world of childhood cancer. Looking at this makes me proud, it makes me cry, it makes me strong. After everything Ronan went through, he always held his little chin up with such dignity and pride. At 3 years old, he was such a little man who never felt sorry for himself or let what he was going through get him down. He was my greatest teacher in life and will continue to be as I carry him with me in everything I do. I love you, Ronan. I will never stop fighting for you and this fucked up world of childhood cancer that everybody just seems to ignore. We will change this, because of you. I hope you all like our new Ronan Thompson Foundation design. @ronanfoundation #ronan My favorite place to be on a Friday night. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #fridaynightsnuggles #mybabe