Day 4 of chemo! We are kicking butt!

Ronan is in good spirits today and just started his 4th day of chemo treatments. We are going to shave his head soon…. probably in the next few days. I do not want to see his beautiful hair fall out. He is excited about it and keeps saying he is getting an army guys haircut. Woody said he is going to shave his too… and Lauren said Winston will do it with them too. I wanted to do mine…. but Woody put his food down on that one. If he wouldn’t have, I totally would shave my head for my baby. It’s only hair and it will grow back. Today, Papa Charlie used his magic to get Sparky from ASU to come and visit Ronan. He doesn’t know yet and he is going to be so surprised. Ronan is obsessed with Sparky!! I can’t wait to see our little angels face when he walks in the room. Lots of pictures to come. We will continue to pray, love, and spoil this baby. Love you all. Have a beautiful day and hold someone you love, really, really, tight.

1. Joy

/  August 23, 2010

Continued prayers as your little Ronan powers on.
    With hope and faith miracles occur. xoxo

2. Candyce Lindsay

/  August 23, 2010

Thanks Maya for reminding us to hold our loved ones tight. As a mom of two boys, I have been holding them closer since Ronan journey began. Go Sparky! This will be a treat for your little warrior and all the other kids around him as well. Papa Charlie delivers again! God Bless you all!

3. Jennifer

/  August 23, 2010

What a great day! I can’t wait to see the pictures of Ronan’s precious smile when he gets to see Sparky!!!

I have my clippers on stand-by… ;) ….. I would shave my head, in a heartbeat, not a single hesitation. It is “just hair”, & yes, it will grow back! :)

Love and prayers to you and the boys! xoox

4. Kristen

/  August 23, 2010

Time to break out the coonskin hat! Go Sparky!!

5. Danielle

/  August 23, 2010

Can’t wait to hear about and see the Sparky updates…this was a great post..xoxo

6. Amanda Herdt

/  August 23, 2010

I read your blog every day and all the wonderful comments and prays that follow. Ronan has so many angels surrounding him. You will all get through this. We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers every day. You’re amazing and inspire me to be a better mom. Keep smiling and stay strong. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

All our love the Herdt/Pascoe’s

7. My son was dx in 2005 with Stage 4 neuroblastoma and has been cancer free for 5 years!!! Noah started 4th Grade last week… We never thought we would see that day. He received his front line chemo at PCH. We live in Scottsdale and would love to talk to you. Please feel free to contact us at at any time. The first few weeks are the hardest… but it does get easier. Our phone number is: 602-750-8696

With Hope.

8. Kelly

/  August 23, 2010

You sound in great spirits today! I love that about you. You always have been such a bright shining superstar! I love you!
    Kelly

9. Connie

/  August 24, 2010

Go Ronan! Everyone is praying for you – and it sounds like shaving for you, too. My son, Philip, kept threatening to shave the dog, the cat, the gerbil… We love you & your family. Go Vin Deisel! Great Aunt, Connie

This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere Join us in the Be Bold Go Gold Challenge! Snap a pic of yourself all decked out in your gold and nominate some brave souls to do the same! @beboldgogold  I was nominated to do the #beboldgogold💛 and I nominate @mamamaya @knjoy and @woodythompson75. #rtf #empiregogold #ronan I totally have the best 11 year old in the world. #ronan #fucancer #nutellaordie #notdramaticatall @knjoy