Day 4 of chemo! We are kicking butt!

Ronan is in good spirits today and just started his 4th day of chemo treatments. We are going to shave his head soon…. probably in the next few days. I do not want to see his beautiful hair fall out. He is excited about it and keeps saying he is getting an army guys haircut. Woody said he is going to shave his too… and Lauren said Winston will do it with them too. I wanted to do mine…. but Woody put his food down on that one. If he wouldn’t have, I totally would shave my head for my baby. It’s only hair and it will grow back. Today, Papa Charlie used his magic to get Sparky from ASU to come and visit Ronan. He doesn’t know yet and he is going to be so surprised. Ronan is obsessed with Sparky!! I can’t wait to see our little angels face when he walks in the room. Lots of pictures to come. We will continue to pray, love, and spoil this baby. Love you all. Have a beautiful day and hold someone you love, really, really, tight.

1. Joy

/  August 23, 2010

Continued prayers as your little Ronan powers on.
    With hope and faith miracles occur. xoxo

2. Candyce Lindsay

/  August 23, 2010

Thanks Maya for reminding us to hold our loved ones tight. As a mom of two boys, I have been holding them closer since Ronan journey began. Go Sparky! This will be a treat for your little warrior and all the other kids around him as well. Papa Charlie delivers again! God Bless you all!

3. Jennifer

/  August 23, 2010

What a great day! I can’t wait to see the pictures of Ronan’s precious smile when he gets to see Sparky!!!

I have my clippers on stand-by… ;) ….. I would shave my head, in a heartbeat, not a single hesitation. It is “just hair”, & yes, it will grow back! :)

Love and prayers to you and the boys! xoox

4. Kristen

/  August 23, 2010

Time to break out the coonskin hat! Go Sparky!!

5. Danielle

/  August 23, 2010

Can’t wait to hear about and see the Sparky updates…this was a great post..xoxo

6. Amanda Herdt

/  August 23, 2010

I read your blog every day and all the wonderful comments and prays that follow. Ronan has so many angels surrounding him. You will all get through this. We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers every day. You’re amazing and inspire me to be a better mom. Keep smiling and stay strong. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

All our love the Herdt/Pascoe’s

7. My son was dx in 2005 with Stage 4 neuroblastoma and has been cancer free for 5 years!!! Noah started 4th Grade last week… We never thought we would see that day. He received his front line chemo at PCH. We live in Scottsdale and would love to talk to you. Please feel free to contact us at at any time. The first few weeks are the hardest… but it does get easier. Our phone number is: 602-750-8696

With Hope.

8. Kelly

/  August 23, 2010

You sound in great spirits today! I love that about you. You always have been such a bright shining superstar! I love you!
    Kelly

9. Connie

/  August 24, 2010

Go Ronan! Everyone is praying for you – and it sounds like shaving for you, too. My son, Philip, kept threatening to shave the dog, the cat, the gerbil… We love you & your family. Go Vin Deisel! Great Aunt, Connie