” I love you mama. I love you sooo much.”

Those are this words I woke up to around 4 a.m. this morning. Ronan had wrapped his arms around my neck and was telling me he loves me. That’s the baby I know. He’s still in there fighting away with his heart full of love.

Previous Post

1. Danielle

/  August 16, 2010

So refreshing to hear this morning. It’s going to be a good day!

2. Jennifer Wood

/  August 16, 2010

Awww, sweet baby! So nice to hear. What a great way to wake up :)

3. Mandy Caldwell Scandlen

/  August 16, 2010

Maya and Woody, we are praying for your family as you deal with all life has just throw at you. Ronan is an absolute doll and he is very lucky to have you all as parents. Best of luck as you fight his cancer, stay strong, he needs you both.

4. Sarah T

/  August 16, 2010

Theres that sweet sweet boy!! Keep up the good work Maya and stay strong!!! Lots of love

5. Erika Aragon

/  August 16, 2010

Hi Maya. I work at the Scottsdale City Court and that’s where I know Woody from. Your whole family, especially little Ronan, are in my thoughts and prayers. I don’t know you, but from your postings you sound like an amazing, strong and incredible mother and I admire you so much for that. With your love, your son and your whole family will get through this. Your son is beautiful… I’m praying for all of you.

6. Dana Johnson

/  August 16, 2010

He’s sweet and tough… best combination!! Hang in there Thompson team! Sending good thoughts your way!
    -Dana, Rylan and family

7. Chris

/  August 16, 2010

I have to continually remind myself that God loves our children so much more than we do. It’s too much to comprehend. We ask questions that we won’t get answers to in this lifetime. That part really sucks. I know that God is in control. I know He has a plan for your family. His promises are the things to hold on to when there isn’t anything else. We are praying. We are PRAYING!

8. Connie

/  August 16, 2010

Of course he does! And we love him sooo much through Mama & Daddy. Love to precious Liam&Quinn who trundle on…not knowing, but total trust. Children shall lead…love, Cinnie

9. SRod

/  August 17, 2010

“Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of all little children”
    — William Makepeace Thackeray

My heart melted reading your most recent post this morning and I instantly thought of that quote. Ronan is as sweet as he is tough and he’s taking care of you with his loving words as much as you have been with your strength and love.

10. Connie

/  August 17, 2010

Darling Maya, that’s about the sweetest thing I have ever read – he knows what’s important even as his body fights it’s fight. My love to you & Woody & your families & friends. I hate that you have to live this…Connie

Miss you already, lover. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #rideordie #mommynumbertwo @macymwood Dedicated to my @macymwood. Ride or die for life. #ronan #fucancer #iwillloveyoutilltheendoftime #lanadelrey #iwouldmakeoutwithlana Hipsters. #ronan #fucancer #middleagedhipsters #youngforever #forgotourflowerheadbands #lanadelrae Been trying hard not to get into trouble... #ronan #fucancer #lanadelrae #mymusicalsoulmate @macymwood This is my happy place. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #hidingfromtheworld #sundaysnuggles @macymwood @knjoy Sundays are for sleep. @macymwood @knjoy #poppy #ronan #fucancer #sleepingbeauty #wornoutfromsomuchdancing Just making out with my favorite homegirl. #poppy #ronan #youdownwithopp? #yeahyouknowme #homegirllove #fucancer Poppy's other mom is in da house! #poppy #ronan #fucancer #mytwomoms #thesebitchesarecrazy @macymwood A bunch of little ballers and a P-Ro, too. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #basketballislife #arcadiatitans This has secretly been being worked on for quite some time. As you can imagine, it was a very emotional thing. We as board members/friends at RTF decided it was time for the little seal logo to go. We needed something that really spoke to who Ronan was/is. This is what our amazing friends at Fervor Creative came up with after many meetings with us and many do overs. (pro bono might I add because they have such beautiful hearts) I think they nailed it this time as it shows the beauty, strength and bravery that Ronan had, in such a simple way. How no matter what, you always keep walking up that hill and fighting, and even in death, you wont stop fighting for a world that so badly needs to be fixed which is the world of childhood cancer. Looking at this makes me proud, it makes me cry, it makes me strong. After everything Ronan went through, he always held his little chin up with such dignity and pride. At 3 years old, he was such a little man who never felt sorry for himself or let what he was going through get him down. He was my greatest teacher in life and will continue to be as I carry him with me in everything I do. I love you, Ronan. I will never stop fighting for you and this fucked up world of childhood cancer that everybody just seems to ignore. We will change this, because of you. I hope you all like our new Ronan Thompson Foundation design. @ronanfoundation #ronan My favorite place to be on a Friday night. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #fridaynightsnuggles #mybabe It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. #ronan #myneighboriscrazierthanyours #thisgoesoneveryday #neighborhoodproblems #movingtoiceland