” I love you mama. I love you sooo much.”

Those are this words I woke up to around 4 a.m. this morning. Ronan had wrapped his arms around my neck and was telling me he loves me. That’s the baby I know. He’s still in there fighting away with his heart full of love.

Previous Post

1. Danielle

/  August 16, 2010

So refreshing to hear this morning. It’s going to be a good day!

2. Jennifer Wood

/  August 16, 2010

Awww, sweet baby! So nice to hear. What a great way to wake up :)

3. Mandy Caldwell Scandlen

/  August 16, 2010

Maya and Woody, we are praying for your family as you deal with all life has just throw at you. Ronan is an absolute doll and he is very lucky to have you all as parents. Best of luck as you fight his cancer, stay strong, he needs you both.

4. Sarah T

/  August 16, 2010

Theres that sweet sweet boy!! Keep up the good work Maya and stay strong!!! Lots of love

5. Erika Aragon

/  August 16, 2010

Hi Maya. I work at the Scottsdale City Court and that’s where I know Woody from. Your whole family, especially little Ronan, are in my thoughts and prayers. I don’t know you, but from your postings you sound like an amazing, strong and incredible mother and I admire you so much for that. With your love, your son and your whole family will get through this. Your son is beautiful… I’m praying for all of you.

6. Dana Johnson

/  August 16, 2010

He’s sweet and tough… best combination!! Hang in there Thompson team! Sending good thoughts your way!
    -Dana, Rylan and family

7. Chris

/  August 16, 2010

I have to continually remind myself that God loves our children so much more than we do. It’s too much to comprehend. We ask questions that we won’t get answers to in this lifetime. That part really sucks. I know that God is in control. I know He has a plan for your family. His promises are the things to hold on to when there isn’t anything else. We are praying. We are PRAYING!

8. Connie

/  August 16, 2010

Of course he does! And we love him sooo much through Mama & Daddy. Love to precious Liam&Quinn who trundle on…not knowing, but total trust. Children shall lead…love, Cinnie

9. SRod

/  August 17, 2010

“Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of all little children”
    — William Makepeace Thackeray

My heart melted reading your most recent post this morning and I instantly thought of that quote. Ronan is as sweet as he is tough and he’s taking care of you with his loving words as much as you have been with your strength and love.

10. Connie

/  August 17, 2010

Darling Maya, that’s about the sweetest thing I have ever read – he knows what’s important even as his body fights it’s fight. My love to you & Woody & your families & friends. I hate that you have to live this…Connie

Poppy Thompson lives here. #poppy #ronan #meow #hellokitty #fucancer #kittyobsessed  #mamaslittlehelper Car wash babe. #poppy #ronan #poppyrooiloveyou #legsfordays #littlelady This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere