Rough Night

Ronan was really restless most of the night. Lots of tossing and turning and seemed to be in a little more pain. They have taken him off of morphine because he is allergic to it. Having a hard time keeping him comfortable and quiet. I dozed off at one point and woke up to him sitting up and he had unwrapped his entire head. He had taken off the all of the bandaids and even the tight netting. He is wanting to feel his swollen eye and head and asking what happened. I’m doing my best to explain things to him and trying to tell him that he has to listen to me and not fight me on everything. Such a stubborn little guy. I have no idea where he gets that from;)

He drank a little sprite, ate some goldfish and wants to do everything by himself. Whenever I try to help him he says, “Stop, mom! I’ll do it!” He is sounding more like a 16 year old, not a 3 year old. We don’t have any tests scheduled today. We may be moved out of the PICU and up to floor number 2. Hoping he’ll rest well today and settle down a bit. He needs to heal as much as possible before we start the chemotherapy.

Previous Post
Next Post

1. Jennifer Wood

/  August 15, 2010

I don’t know Woody well enough to say if Ronan got his independent – can do – attitude from him… I do know you. He’s a tough one, like his mama. That smart little man is trying to figure out why his world has been flipped upside down. I pray he is recovering quickly, to be getting out of PICU after only 2 days would be amazing! Such a trooper! You are too!

2. Nance Harris

/  August 15, 2010

Good signs, want a fiesty kid, means he’s normal.

3. We attend a non-denominational church callled “The Bridge.” It is a real caring and praying church. We will be praying for you and Ronan today…..We wish only the best for you and your family…

4. Connie

/  August 15, 2010

God Bless you, Maya, for writing. Good for Ronan – family – love you, fighting with you from afar. Aunt Connie

5. Lindsay Norwood

/  August 15, 2010

Oh Maya,

We have a 3 year old Brad Pitt look alike, too and when I see your pictures I can imagine what I would be feeling in your place. It just stops my heart! The Badger-Norwood crew will be praying hard-core and I’ve never been so glad we give to St. Jude. This has been a crazy year or two for medical ailments but every near death experience has been met with a miracle blessing. Ronan will be no different! I know that we are separated by time and distance but let me know if there is anything I can do. Mama’s gotta unite!

Lindsay (Badger) Norwood

6. Connie

/  August 15, 2010

Maya & family – as I get ready to go to friend’s graduation dinner tonight, My heart goes out to you and my prayers. So little I can say. I share your tears. May angels watch over you. My spirit who loves you all is there. Connie

7. Kristy

/  August 16, 2010

Just wanted you to know that I have been deeply touched by what you are going through and I have a heavy heart for you and your family. Please know that my thoughts and my prayers are with you daily.
    Kristy Mathews

This just made my day.
#Repost from @chloegoulden13
--- OKAY HI. So, as you probably know I am a huge advocate in raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of our kids, with 46 kids being diagnosed a day and 7 dying a day in the United States alone. It receives next to no funding federally, and is swept under the rug because it is too sad. Well things have to change. The Ronan Thompson Foundation is a beyond amazing foundation in honour of Ronan Thompson who died at age 3. And through Taylor Swift and Maya (his mama) I've learned Ronan's story and become aware of the tragedy that is the world of childhood cancer. SEPTEMBER is childhood cancer awareness month and the colour is GOLD (official in HRM, HOLLA!🙌) and I intend to do my part. The #BeBoldGoGold campaign (created by Maya Thompson and Kassie Rehorn of the Ronan Thompson Foundation) is designed to spread awareness about this terrible disease in a fun way. Deck yourself out in gold and educate people, challenging them and your friends to do the same. This month I vow to do that... Through running. Throughout September, I will run as many races as need be to reach 50 kilometres (or 31.1 miles for all you American lovies) and spread awareness at each race. However, while awareness is great, funding is even better. So there will be a page set up where you can sponsor me throughout the month and support the cause. All money will go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation and the IWK Foundation to help kids locally and internationally, fight cancer. To learn more about it, go to www.facebook.com/chloesraceforgold or click the link in my bio. There will be a schedule, info and a place you can donate. Ronan, I am so sorry this happened to you. We will fix this broken world. #ronan #beboldgogold #theronanthompsonfoundation #iwk #halifax #fucancer #heshouldbehere Join us in the Be Bold Go Gold Challenge! Snap a pic of yourself all decked out in your gold and nominate some brave souls to do the same! @beboldgogold  I was nominated to do the #beboldgogold💛 and I nominate @mamamaya @knjoy and @woodythompson75. #rtf #empiregogold #ronan I totally have the best 11 year old in the world. #ronan #fucancer #nutellaordie #notdramaticatall @knjoy