Rough Night

Ronan was really restless most of the night. Lots of tossing and turning and seemed to be in a little more pain. They have taken him off of morphine because he is allergic to it. Having a hard time keeping him comfortable and quiet. I dozed off at one point and woke up to him sitting up and he had unwrapped his entire head. He had taken off the all of the bandaids and even the tight netting. He is wanting to feel his swollen eye and head and asking what happened. I’m doing my best to explain things to him and trying to tell him that he has to listen to me and not fight me on everything. Such a stubborn little guy. I have no idea where he gets that from;)

He drank a little sprite, ate some goldfish and wants to do everything by himself. Whenever I try to help him he says, “Stop, mom! I’ll do it!” He is sounding more like a 16 year old, not a 3 year old. We don’t have any tests scheduled today. We may be moved out of the PICU and up to floor number 2. Hoping he’ll rest well today and settle down a bit. He needs to heal as much as possible before we start the chemotherapy.

Previous Post
Next Post

1. Jennifer Wood

/  August 15, 2010

I don’t know Woody well enough to say if Ronan got his independent – can do – attitude from him… I do know you. He’s a tough one, like his mama. That smart little man is trying to figure out why his world has been flipped upside down. I pray he is recovering quickly, to be getting out of PICU after only 2 days would be amazing! Such a trooper! You are too!

2. Nance Harris

/  August 15, 2010

Good signs, want a fiesty kid, means he’s normal.

3. We attend a non-denominational church callled “The Bridge.” It is a real caring and praying church. We will be praying for you and Ronan today…..We wish only the best for you and your family…

4. Connie

/  August 15, 2010

God Bless you, Maya, for writing. Good for Ronan – family – love you, fighting with you from afar. Aunt Connie

5. Lindsay Norwood

/  August 15, 2010

Oh Maya,

We have a 3 year old Brad Pitt look alike, too and when I see your pictures I can imagine what I would be feeling in your place. It just stops my heart! The Badger-Norwood crew will be praying hard-core and I’ve never been so glad we give to St. Jude. This has been a crazy year or two for medical ailments but every near death experience has been met with a miracle blessing. Ronan will be no different! I know that we are separated by time and distance but let me know if there is anything I can do. Mama’s gotta unite!

Lindsay (Badger) Norwood

6. Connie

/  August 15, 2010

Maya & family – as I get ready to go to friend’s graduation dinner tonight, My heart goes out to you and my prayers. So little I can say. I share your tears. May angels watch over you. My spirit who loves you all is there. Connie

7. Kristy

/  August 16, 2010

Just wanted you to know that I have been deeply touched by what you are going through and I have a heavy heart for you and your family. Please know that my thoughts and my prayers are with you daily.
    Kristy Mathews

Miss you already, lover. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #rideordie #mommynumbertwo @macymwood Dedicated to my @macymwood. Ride or die for life. #ronan #fucancer #iwillloveyoutilltheendoftime #lanadelrey #iwouldmakeoutwithlana Hipsters. #ronan #fucancer #middleagedhipsters #youngforever #forgotourflowerheadbands #lanadelrae Been trying hard not to get into trouble... #ronan #fucancer #lanadelrae #mymusicalsoulmate @macymwood This is my happy place. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #hidingfromtheworld #sundaysnuggles @macymwood @knjoy Sundays are for sleep. @macymwood @knjoy #poppy #ronan #fucancer #sleepingbeauty #wornoutfromsomuchdancing Just making out with my favorite homegirl. #poppy #ronan #youdownwithopp? #yeahyouknowme #homegirllove #fucancer Poppy's other mom is in da house! #poppy #ronan #fucancer #mytwomoms #thesebitchesarecrazy @macymwood A bunch of little ballers and a P-Ro, too. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #basketballislife #arcadiatitans This has secretly been being worked on for quite some time. As you can imagine, it was a very emotional thing. We as board members/friends at RTF decided it was time for the little seal logo to go. We needed something that really spoke to who Ronan was/is. This is what our amazing friends at Fervor Creative came up with after many meetings with us and many do overs. (pro bono might I add because they have such beautiful hearts) I think they nailed it this time as it shows the beauty, strength and bravery that Ronan had, in such a simple way. How no matter what, you always keep walking up that hill and fighting, and even in death, you wont stop fighting for a world that so badly needs to be fixed which is the world of childhood cancer. Looking at this makes me proud, it makes me cry, it makes me strong. After everything Ronan went through, he always held his little chin up with such dignity and pride. At 3 years old, he was such a little man who never felt sorry for himself or let what he was going through get him down. He was my greatest teacher in life and will continue to be as I carry him with me in everything I do. I love you, Ronan. I will never stop fighting for you and this fucked up world of childhood cancer that everybody just seems to ignore. We will change this, because of you. I hope you all like our new Ronan Thompson Foundation design. @ronanfoundation #ronan My favorite place to be on a Friday night. #poppy #ronan #fucancer #fridaynightsnuggles #mybabe It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. #ronan #myneighboriscrazierthanyours #thisgoesoneveryday #neighborhoodproblems #movingtoiceland