Rough Night

Ronan was really restless most of the night. Lots of tossing and turning and seemed to be in a little more pain. They have taken him off of morphine because he is allergic to it. Having a hard time keeping him comfortable and quiet. I dozed off at one point and woke up to him sitting up and he had unwrapped his entire head. He had taken off the all of the bandaids and even the tight netting. He is wanting to feel his swollen eye and head and asking what happened. I’m doing my best to explain things to him and trying to tell him that he has to listen to me and not fight me on everything. Such a stubborn little guy. I have no idea where he gets that from;)

He drank a little sprite, ate some goldfish and wants to do everything by himself. Whenever I try to help him he says, “Stop, mom! I’ll do it!” He is sounding more like a 16 year old, not a 3 year old. We don’t have any tests scheduled today. We may be moved out of the PICU and up to floor number 2. Hoping he’ll rest well today and settle down a bit. He needs to heal as much as possible before we start the chemotherapy.

Previous Post
Next Post

1. Jennifer Wood

/  August 15, 2010

I don’t know Woody well enough to say if Ronan got his independent – can do – attitude from him… I do know you. He’s a tough one, like his mama. That smart little man is trying to figure out why his world has been flipped upside down. I pray he is recovering quickly, to be getting out of PICU after only 2 days would be amazing! Such a trooper! You are too!

2. Nance Harris

/  August 15, 2010

Good signs, want a fiesty kid, means he’s normal.

3. We attend a non-denominational church callled “The Bridge.” It is a real caring and praying church. We will be praying for you and Ronan today…..We wish only the best for you and your family…

4. Connie

/  August 15, 2010

God Bless you, Maya, for writing. Good for Ronan – family – love you, fighting with you from afar. Aunt Connie

5. Lindsay Norwood

/  August 15, 2010

Oh Maya,

We have a 3 year old Brad Pitt look alike, too and when I see your pictures I can imagine what I would be feeling in your place. It just stops my heart! The Badger-Norwood crew will be praying hard-core and I’ve never been so glad we give to St. Jude. This has been a crazy year or two for medical ailments but every near death experience has been met with a miracle blessing. Ronan will be no different! I know that we are separated by time and distance but let me know if there is anything I can do. Mama’s gotta unite!

Lindsay (Badger) Norwood

6. Connie

/  August 15, 2010

Maya & family – as I get ready to go to friend’s graduation dinner tonight, My heart goes out to you and my prayers. So little I can say. I share your tears. May angels watch over you. My spirit who loves you all is there. Connie

7. Kristy

/  August 16, 2010

Just wanted you to know that I have been deeply touched by what you are going through and I have a heavy heart for you and your family. Please know that my thoughts and my prayers are with you daily.
    Kristy Mathews